Friday, September 17, 2010

September is going by so fast...

and I don't feel like I have anything to say... >_>

Can't believe three and a half weeks of the semester have already passed o_o

School has been annoying me. Don't really know why, but something about school is irksome. I thought maybe after a month of school, I'd get back into the rhythm of things. But I honestly don't feel that way. I'm keeping up with my work stuff, but I feel like I'm falling behind.

I feel like something's up with me. My brain is not retaining information. And I've been rereading things. Not really taking notes in my classes. My mind zones out when I'm taking notes. But if I stop writing, just sit, and listen, I feel like more things come into my head. Though, I'm not sure any of it is staying in there.

My PHIL 57 is a bit too boring. I don't feel like I'm learning anything new, probably because I've learned about arguments and fallacies already o_o I don't pay much attention in this class. Can't hear the professor. And what I do hear, I already know. I think I have a paper to write for this class, but Prof Bashaw hasn't mentioned it yet.

SOCI 100W, boring too. Again, I don't feel like I'm learning anything new. All I'm really thinking about for this class are the research paper, the values socialization paper, the oral presentation, and maybe the final. And I don't think Prof Brook likes my class all that much. Most of the time, none of us talk. Unless he decides to make it clear that participation is a part of our grades. Even then, only three or four people speak up -shrug- I don't feel like there's anything relevant for me to contribute to the discussion, if we can even call it that.

SOCI 101 is all right. Prof Rudy is interesting, and he tries to keep the topic interesting. Reading and learning about Marx, Engels, Durkheim, and now Weber. I also have that class with Shiva :) so she kinda makes me focus. No crossword puzzles T-T Though, she's always poking me or something XP Distracting me. How mean. You can poke me, but you won't let me figure out the crossword. Mm, working on a two-page analysis/reflection paper for this class. At least one more this semester. And some in-class quote recitation thing. First exam in a little over two weeks. Can't wait >_>

PHIL 109 is all right. Still kinda slow-paced. And I don't think I'm gonna write very well for this class (or any class really). The last paper I turned in for the class was just crap -_- I don't contribute to the discussions much, but they are thought-provoking. Keep me awake usually. I have a research paper for this class too. And three more mini-papers and an oral presentation. The readings we're doing on the existence of God are interesting, but I'm getting lost in all the explanations and reasoning.

Anyway, two more weeks and September will be over... So fast. Feels like it only started last week. Twelve weeks left, plus the week of finals... How sad, I'm already checking to see when semester ends... Hmm, I have three finals. One on a Monday, one on a Thursday, and one on a Friday (last day of finals). Supposed to have two on that Friday, but Prof Giddings doesn't give finals. Hmm, oh what fun to be had at the end of semester.

I really wish I only needed to take like two courses a semester. I wouldn't mind staying in school longer if that were the case. I know I'm just lazy, but I don't like how easily stressed I get from school now. Makes me wonder... What am I stressing myself out for really?


So, I've been hanging out with Shiva just about every day, except for maybe one day a week. Would probably explain why I don't update this blog often anymore XD I'm either in class or with Shiva. Why would I waste time on the computer? :P

Feels like a lot has been happening these past two weeks, but really I don't know what's been going on.

There was Gamba Karaoke with QTIP and Q&A on the Saturday of Labor Day Weekend. I went with Shiva, Billy, Alisa, Matt, Nichols, and Justin. Only seven of us, not a bad turnout. Lasted about two hours. Went back to campus with Shiva; Billy gave us a ride. Stayed over at Shiva's for the weekend :) Fun times. Had a movie night with Harrison. Watched "The Losers" and "Fight Club." Mm.

Slept over at Shiva's again this past weekend. Unexpected. Was eating out at a restaurant with Mother and D. Mother asked if I wanted to go to campus and then asked if I was going to sleep over o_o I'm surprised she let me. Mm, I think we hung out with Harrison again. And Marian. But I don't remember >_> I don't really remember anything from last weekend other than sleeping over at Shiva's.

Then this weekend, Mother again asked me if I was going to sleep over. I said no. But who knows? Plans can pop up.

Also, this weekend, swimming tomorrow, maybe. Dance in Transit tomorrow and Sunday. 11AM to 5PM both days. Performers performing along light rail route in downtown. Would be interesting to see.

Next Saturday, I'm probably attending SJSU's Student Organization Leadership Conference. Member reppin' Q&A :P It's gonna take up my whole day practically. So I hope I get most of my work done before then. Also, Saturday will be Matt's birthday celebration. I guess I'll attend that too, if I'm already gonna be on campus :)


Anyway, that's all I can really think of right now. Probably a lot more stuff to do, but I'm just not thinking that much. Should probably get to work on my reflection that's due on Tuesday. Must get head start on a few things. No procrastinating, but I probably will XD but I guess my procrastination isn't too bad yet.

But meh, I still can't shake this burnt-out feeling I have.

And my mind/brain is pissing me off. Things I used to remember, I cannot recall anymore. I don't remember much of what I do anymore either. Like what I did last weekend... Or even what I did yesterday other than going to classes, chilling with Shiva, and attending Q&A. I'm probably just not getting enough sleep. That could explain it. I have been taking naps though, but I don't know how much those help.

Blah, ok. Work. Or maybe ice cream, hmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment