I woke up to the results at 2am. I'm still processing.
To see a man, who doesn't even treat the people in his personal and professional life well, win the presidency breaks my heart. I know he will not treat America well.
Who does he actually care about? Who is he willing to protect? Will he listen to those whom he now represents? Will he treat all of us, not just those who benefit him, with kindness? Many of the promises and deals he has made in his life, he has broken and will break many times over for his own benefit.
I do not see a lot of good coming out of this election. Everything is red. Executive, Legislative, and probably the Judicial eventually as well. But I know I'm definitely having an emotional reaction. But the fear is real.
I fear for the safety of my friends and family. That's really the only thing that bothers me in all of this. We have a lot we can lose. I don't know exactly what yet; we'll have to see what happens for sure, what kind of tug-o-war we'll get ourselves into. But I'm anticipating a loss so great that I can't even fathom it.
I'm not angry. These were the results. I get that. But for now, I cannot get over this overwhelming fear. This fear has always been present, floating underneath the surface of my mind, but now it has come out and been shoved in my face.
But give me some time. Maybe the fear will subside a little or invigorate me. I want to see what happens. I want to see what we will do as a people.
If they try to trample on our safety or treat us like animals with less than human rights, we will rise.
All I ask is to be treated as a human being. All I ask is that you protect my friends and family to the best of your ability. Defend your fellow Americans as if we are your family. I will do the same for you to the best of my ability as a fellow citizen and human being.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment