Saturday, May 28, 2011

Shiva's Graduation Ceremonies (May 28)

So today, I woke up early to go to Shiva's SJSU Commencement Ceremony, which was at the Spartan Stadium. Marian L and I got a ride with Shiva and her parents. A bit of traffic on the way, but it wasn't too bad.

Took pictures. There was a spartan helmet made of blue and yellow balloons :D Pretty cool.

Shiva went to the assembly area for the Social Sciences, while her parents, Marian, and I went to the bleachers. Found seats facing the the Social Sciences section. Marian and I sat away from Shiva's parents.

She and I watched the procession. Laughed because, while all the other colleges had continuous lines of graduates walking in, the social sciences line had like a ten-minute gap in the procession. Tried to look for Shiva, but it took a long while. She called. I called. We called. All trying to find out where the other was. Eventually, Marian and I spotted Shiva on the football field. Tried to take pictures, but there was this tall guy sitting in front of Shiva -_- Had to wait for his head to get out of the way. But it kept getting in the way, grr. He moved a lot and talked to his friend a lot. Whenever there was a good shot of Shiva (the guy moved out of the way) and I lifted her camera to take a picture, he would disrupt the photo >_< Even when Shiva stood on the chair, the guy would still get in the way by either being too tall and standing in front of her or standing on his friggin' chair in front of her -______________- When the guy was finally completely out of the way for a few minutes, Shiva's camera died on me T__T

Hmm, many of the attendees, including myself, learned that SJSU had a fight song o_o The weather was interesting. Cold and hot. Scorching sun at times, windy at others. Sunny, but sprinkled once or twice. 3ish hours long in this weather, not too fun. I didn't really pay too much attention to the speeches because I had been focusing on taking pictures. After the camera died, I started paying attention. Also waved to Shiva a couple of times. I wonder if she noticed when I waved at her with my whole body (or rather top half of my body XD).

Oh, at one point during the ceremony, Marian took out a bottle to blow bubbles. The wind was kinda strong. So when she blew the bubbles, they flew behind her into a little boy's face XD hahaha... He scrunched up his face and tried to swat the bubbles away haha.

The ceremony ended around 12. It wasn't that amazing. Not very personal. Just large groups of people on the field, classified by college and major. Each group standing up and sitting down, with clapping and cheering mixed in. Anyway, lots of pictures to be taken after the ceremony with flags and family.

Then back to campus for another graduation ceremony for Behavioral Science/Anthropology. Had food snacks and cake. I forgot Shiva's mom's camera in the car. Or rather I had forgotten that I did not have the camera with me when I got out of the car because someone else had been holding it. Anyway, used Shiva's Nintendo DS to take pictures. I sat on the steps instead of a seat because there were no more seats in the room. Sat next to the second row of graduates >_> Took pictures of the faculty in the front and of Shiva while she gave a short thank-you speech, which all of the graduates did.

Oh, Harrison made it to this one. He meant to attend the main graduation but was late. He walked all the way there, but the main one had ended. So he came back to campus to attend the second, smaller ceremony :)

After that, we all went back to Shiva's to rest. Rested a bit. Shiva's parents left. Marian left to be with her mother. Harrison and I helped Shiva pack up a little. Then she went to eat dinner with her parents. Harrison and I went to Subway. I went home, and Harrison went to Fanime.

I'm skipping lots of details because I can't recall many of them and today wasn't completely pleasant. There was a lot of anger and stuff today. A day that was supposed to be one of the best days ever turned out to not be one of those days ): But hopefully, the next two or three days will make up for it.

Oh, Harrison, Shiva, and I made a sandwich piggyback ride XP That was kinda scary. I was slipping off... to my DOOOOOM O_O !! Ohh, I'm also borrowing Shiva's copy of the book Howl's Moving Castle :D I remember watching the movie at Le's house because she loved it :P


Anyway, I'm tired -_- But tomorrow I shall help Shiva pack up more, Michelle W will hopefully take Shiva's grad pictures, Shiva and I will go to Japantown for some shaved ice, and we'll watch a movie at night. Then Monday morning, we'll go to IHOP :) Tuesday, Shiva will be leaving, or at least that's what I hope <_< And then I have to report for jury duty downtown... I dunno if I'm looking forward to that or not.

I still need to find a job...

No comments:

Post a Comment