Friday, August 26, 2011

2011 Fall Semester has started O:

Classes started Wednesday. I've been going to campus early. Get there at about 9:30. My classes don't start till noon on MW and 13h30 on TTh. I walked around both days looking for a nice bench to sit on, BUT THEY'RE ALL TAKEN -_- Even the shady grass areas are taken. So sad.

So many freshmen that they're taking up all the space. Nothing against freshmen, but there's just too many of them. 4000 accepted for this year. 48% more than a year ago.

But anyway, I've managed to find a few people to hang out with during most of my breaks. In the morning on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I can find Nancy T, my childhood friend. Though, she was offended (not really) when I introduced her as my friend to Albert B haha. She corrected me and said we were cousins. Albert got confused XD I guess we could be called cousins, since I call her dad "Uncle" :P

Waiting till people get their schedules set, so that I may stalk them better :P I only know of a few people who I can hang out with so far. But that's ok. As long as the school starts putting out newspaper on a regular basis, I'll be ok. Well, if I can find a nice bench to sit on. Worse comes to worse, I'll have to go to the library. But even the library is really crowded -_- Student Union is definitely crowded. LGBT Resource Center sounds good though. Haven't been into the new location in the portable yet. Will go there today maybe. Depends if Mother lets me.

Oh, last night, went to Crawdaddy after my Career Capstone class, which had lasted the whole period. I thought Myers-Lipton would let us out early, but no he didn't. So I made Autumn and me late to dinner. Brought Harrison along because he had come to campus to go home with me (class ends after dark, so I had asked him to accompany me, but forgot to tell him about the dinner).
At the restaurant, Kathleen, Elora, Elora's boyfriend Paul(?), Maggie, Maggie's cousin Camy, and Andrew were already there and had ordered food.
My stomach hurt a lot last night. So I couldn't eat much. Ate a bunch of french fries, which wasn't that smart on my part XP Drank Sierra Mist. I got two pounds of crawfish for me and Harrison. But I realized I couldn't eat it. So I let Harrison have all of it. Just means Harrison needs to pay for food next time we go out to eat together.
After dinner, I went straight home. Wish I could have gone to the hill with people, but I wasn't feeling well and Mother was angry at me -_- Even though, she had let me go to dinner.

I'm sad that Kat already left SJ this morning. Didn't get to hang out more. She's so busy and important, RAWR. When you're done with WorldMUN and Harvard, Kat, you should come back to SJ and hang out with me.
Hopefully, I can hang out with a few other people this weekend before they leave for school too (Maggie, Marie, and I dun remember who else). I can't believe Andrew is leaving SJ for Davis too. These past three years passed by, and I barely saw him. Now, he's leaving. There's so few of our old high school group left in SJ.

Anyway, back to school stuff. School already feels overwhelming. So much reading. I hope I can handle my classes. Just so much stuff that my profs have planned for this semester. For my capstone class (SOCI 181B), for the big project, I have to choose between joining a community action group (25 hours of volunteer work to change a public policy) and writing a paper about the experience, writing a major research paper on a community-based organization focused on changing public policy, and doing a 25-hour internship in a field I'm interested in and writing a paper about that experience. I'm probably gonna go for the internship one. I need some kind of work experience; I might as well try the third option.
I seriously need to organize my class stuff before I get confused about what I need to do when. I should probably stop by one of the fraternity/sorority tables to get a free planner XD
All of my classes seem fun or at least capable of teaching me things I'd like to learn. My Green Electronics class (ENGR 108) taught by Prof Jones is the first of its kind at SJSU. This is the first semester that they're teaching it. Awesome. My Gangs & Mobs class (SOCI 156) with Dexheimer seems interesting too. He is a chill, informal guy and a football fanatic who will not answer emails on Saturdays during college football season o_o I knew that though. Otherwise, he seems all right. He says "uh, uh, uh" a lot though. Was a little bit distracting. Nervous habit, maybe? If this class turns out to be good, I'm probably gonna take Dexheimer for Criminology (SOCI 153) and The Prison Community (SOCI 158) my last semester.
Both my Philosophy courses seem chill. Prof Vaidya for Ethical Theory (PHIL 132) seems to be a really laidback person. Lots of reading, tests, and papers, but he's willing to go over things again and again for people to understand. Prof Manning for Philosophy of Law (PHIL 155) is really nice and kinda silly. Also the department chair. Have to maintain journals for her class. One per reading, one reading per class. Sounds good. As long as I don't get lazy too soon. Which I kinda already have. Didn't start any of my homework this week -_- Not a good sign.

Anyway, school looks good. Crowded and hot, but good. Overwhelming, but that might just be because I'm not in school mode yet. Just a little setback.

Ok, gonna try to get most of my readings and questions done today. Gonna try to make the Q&A meeting in the afternoon. Gonna get more reading and journal stuff done. Look into internships and whatnot. I hope I last. I hope I'm just being pessimistic because I miss the crossword puzzles in the paper.
They put out a paper on Wednesday but not yesterday. So sad. I had nothing to do as I waited for my classes. Long morning breaks... I need crosswords O.o; -twitchtwitch-

I still can't believe graduation is less than a year away. I hope I figure out what I want to do by the end of this semester, so I can get started on preparations for post-grad.

Must work on time management too XD Should not abuse free time...

No comments:

Post a Comment