Sunday, July 7, 2013

Mission Peak and Natural Bridges State Beach

Saturday: MIssion Peak hike with Shiva, Mai, Phil, Amy, and Paul. I thought we were going to take the easier route, but we did not. We used the Stanford Avenue entrance. Steep climb. Bad breathing. Weak left knee. It was all bad. I had to take a break every ten minutes or so. I wanted to give up after about twenty minutes, but I pushed myself past the pain and exhaustion. I think about halfway up the mountain, I started feeling better and took fewer breaks. Finished the ascent in one hour and fifty minutes :D

We took an alternate route down because Phil said it would be easier. It definitely was not. Some parts of the trail were super steep. At one point, Shiva fell >: Luckily, she fell back instead of forward. Then it was my turn to fall. I was slowly stepping down sideways. I decided to take a few steps at a time but gained too much momentum, propelling myself forward until I tripped and fell. Unfortunately, I fell harder on my bad knee and also kinda threw out my left shoulder. But I got up and continued. We finished the descent in one hour and forty minutes. Well, Paul and Amy left without us because they had places to go.

Exhausted and hungry, the rest of us went to eat at Green Cafe in Milpitas. Good pho. Then I was happy to go home, shower, and rest haha.

Sunday: Natural Bridges beach with Shiva. Small beach. Smaller than I remembered from second grade haha. Granted, I was a small child, so everything else looked big. Arrived there around 3PM, but it was kinda cold. Overcast. Breezy. Sand was warm. Water was freezing. Shiva didn't get to boogie-board >: But the waves did get her at the shins. Other than that, we just chilled on the sand and talked about random stuff. (Her birthday is coming up soooon O: She's gonna turn 24! And then she's leaving for law school!) We stayed for almost two hours. Eventually got too chilly, so we headed back to SJ.

Details are lost because I'm exhausted. I need sleep. Rawr.

No comments:

Post a Comment