Thursday, July 25, 2013

Third job?

Remember that job that I almost got with Randstad back in December/January? Well, now I've pretty much got it :) I should be starting sometime in the beginning of August.

Still in Mountain View. It will be one mile farther from home than KPI was and definitely farther than KSC was, but it's ok. With the wage I'll be getting, it kinda makes up for the increased cost of fuel. Hours will be 7AM to 3:30PM; so I'm happy about that. Two-year contract, so if I don't screw up in some strange way, I'll be all right for a while. I'll have to deal with not-too-bad morning traffic to Mountain View on 101. Going home will be fairly quick too, I think.

Casual work atmosphere allows me to wear jeans :D Yay! I can wear my button-ups without worrying about overheating. Yay, AC! I will actually look forward to going to work because I won't overheat, I'll be able to listen to my music, and I'm more likely to be around people I could connect to (you know, if I decide to talk to anyone haha).

Now, I just have to submit forms and whatnot and wait about another week and a half to start.

Though, supposedly, some recruiter wants to interview me next week for a data entry job in San Jose, except they haven't contacted me yet with details about anything. All I know is it would probably be much closer to home, and the wage is $15 per hour. But it's all good. I've got a job waiting to start. If I get the job in SJ, and it actually matches the job description, I'll switch for the closer job. But for now, working in Mountain View will be awesome. It could encourage me to finally move out of San Jose.

I've noticed that all of the jobs I've ever had have been located around San Jose but never in it. I suppose I have a somewhat long-term either-or goal: Either get a job in San Jose so it's close to home or continue working outside of San Jose and eventually move out of here. We'll see what happens.

Oh yeah, I think I might try to find a part-time evening or weekend job, just to help bring in a little more money. After next month's rent, I'm gonna be low on funds for a short while, but I need to help out my family. Not sure how I'll pull that off yet. If you hear of any part-time work I could do after 4PM on weekdays or anytime on the weekends, please let me know :)

Btw, Brother got himself into a jail release program. Early release if he works for free (Edit: takes a seven-hour class on how to improve his life situation and get his life together). Basically an alternative to incarceration. So he got out yesterday afternoon, I had dinner with him and Karina yesterday evening, and then he started his full-time job (Edit: class) at the Sheriff's this morning at 8. I dropped him off, and I have to go pick him up now.

It's interesting how life goes sometimes. Sometimes it's predictable, and other times I wonder if life just pretends to be predictable.

No comments:

Post a Comment