This morning, I had a long, complex... not really a nightmare... more of a very depressing dream. Although, it did have elements of a nightmare. I woke up a little scared and fearful for my life, until I realized I had woken up from a dream.
So where to start? Well, before I start describing the dream, I'm just gonna say the only movie I've watched within the past two or three weeks was "The Raid: Redemption." I've mostly been watching Friends. (Season 6, here I go!) So you would think my dreams would be filled with hilarity. But, apparently, they are not.
Also, my dream jumped around in time, and some details are those that I knew before the events of the dream occur. So my description of the dream is what I've put together from the pieces I remember.
Dream background:
Most of the people in my dream were friends from college or strangers in real life. There were a few hundred of us. We were all experiments, living in a confined space designed to look like a neighborhood of a big urban city. If anything, it reminded me of the neighborhood of "Hey Arnold!" It was a relatively small place; it could have been about forty square blocks with a large park in there. The perimeter was some four-sided invisible force field controlled by the scientists from the outside.
The experiment consisted of us all being injected with a genetic code modifier <.< Then we were to be observed by omniscient forces--scientists in zeppelins, scientists in helicopters, scientists through mounted cameras, and scientists manipulating the force field--to see how the modifier affected us. The experiment was only supposed to last about a year but ended up lasting much longer.
So the modifier changed all of us. The changes were solely in our intellectual and physical strengths. For some people, they gained a moderate increase in intelligence and a super increase in physical ability; for the rest, it was the opposite. The first group was more numerous. But there are no visible differences between us.
At the beginning of the experiment, we all got along. The scientists eventually figured out there were two groups. They scanned the modifiers in our arms to find out what changed in each of us. They labeled the super intellectuals simply as the A group, and the rest as the B group. We had police officers who were members of both groups, using what looked like AK-47s. They didn't use the guns though because it wasn't necessary. Everything seemed fine.
The only way we could know which group a person was a part of was if he or she told us. Initially, we didn't tell each other because we didn't know. The scientists didn't say anything. Eventually, though, the A group figured it out and told the rest of us.
Skip ahead in time a few years...
I was an "Inferior," a part of the original B group.
The A group became known as the
"Superiors."These were the names given to us by the Superiors. The Superiors had run the scientists out of the experiment. They gained control of the force field, keeping everyone else out. However, we the experiments couldn't leave because the modifiers in our arms could not pass through the force field. But if the force field was turned off, the modifiers would stop working with them. And the Superiors didn't want to lose their super intelligence. That's why they settled for gaining control of the field.
The Inferiors lived all around the tiny city, which was more like a town. Most Superiors lived in an area of the town that was guarded by some police. The police were all Superiors. The police lived all around to make it easier to enforce the rules.
It turned out that the role of police officers used to switch every so often, so that everyone got a chance to play that role. However, the Superiors came up with a plan to keep those positions. Why? Because there were a limited number of guns, thus a limited number of officers. With those positions, they got the guns, which they needed since their physical capabilities weren't as good as ours.
Actual dream events that I "experienced":
Superiors and Inferiors go into all the same places, but we're not allowed to interact with the Superiors. Fraternizing was against the rules. So when an officer saw a Superior and an Inferior talking to each other, he attacked the Inferior while the Superior walked away. I stood there and watched. I was upset and sad because I thought, "Well, he got caught breaking the rule, so he has to be punished."
At another point, I was walking in the park. Two officers walked up to me and asked me if I was an Inferior or a Superior. I told them I was an Inferior, and they started to beat me with their guns. I ran away from them, and they chased me. Don't remember what happened after that.
I was living with Matt and Mackenzie. Matt was an Inferior, but Mackenzie was a Superior. We were all friends before the experiment, so Mac decided to stay as our friend and protect us during the sweeps. She could convince her fellow Superiors that she lived alone.
Sweeps started happening because the Superiors decided they should wipe out the Inferiors before the Inferiors decided to do that to the Superiors. So every day, a group of officers would sweep a section of the town to find Inferiors to kill off.
But since Superiors and Inferiors went to the same places, the only way to know who was what was to scan their arms. So people who refused to be scanned were killed because the officers assumed only the Inferiors would refuse to be scanned.
So it was basically a massacre. The Superiors had the guns. Inferiors only had our physical strengths, but we couldn't reach them. I remember at some point, the scientists flew an airplane over our town and dropped hundreds of boxes of food into a predominantly Inferior-inhabited area. My friends and I ran to the boxes to stuff candy and junk food into a box, while the Superiors shot at me and my friends. Then we ran away and hid in our well-hidden basements.
We didn't fight back at all. We only ran away, cowered, or stood there. Any way you look at it, we just took the assaults. Pacifist people with super strength... sneaking around to avoid being killed. Violent people with super intelligence picking us off slowly. They knew how to find us! We couldn't outsmart them unless we had Superiors as friends who could help us.
Not too much action in my dream, but I witnessed a lot of friends being killed D: What stands out most from my dream was the knowledge I had of what had been happening. The dream events themselves are very fuzzy in my mind.
Like I remember more about the rules than I do about the enforcement of the rules. And in dreamland, the rules made sense to me.
One rule was the no-fraternizing thing. If there was any, only the Inferior was punished. The Superior would just be looked down upon or something. Oh, another rule was Inferiors are never allowed to hurt Superiors. If they did, Superiors were allowed to retaliate and kill them. The reasoning that Superiors gave was that Inferiors had an unfair advantage in the strength department. And for some reason, Inferiors agreed to that rule and never contested it.
Along with the no-fraternizing, no sexual relations. Except people did it anyway. Funny thing was if an Inferior-Superior couple had a child, the child would naturally be born into one of the two groups. No combination of both. Also, no modifier. So, technically, the baby could leave the town if the force field were opened. Except in my dream, no babies ever left.
I don't know what the heck was going on in my head while I was sleeping. All I remember feeling was sad and scared. The last thing I remember before waking up was hoarding the food, hiding, and then being found by someone... I don't know who found me.
I know my description of my dream isn't that great. I'm forgetting more and more of it as I write. I know that when I woke up, I felt like it was one of the most intense dreams I had ever had. I felt like I was gonna die by the hands of the people who were once my friends and fellow experiments.
Rawr. I wish I could remember all of it.
I told Mother and D about a part of my dream, and they said I'd been watching too many movies. But I haven't! -w-
Though, this could be a movie. Generic plotline, but awesome haha. If only I were a writer.
Oh, this kinda reminds me of the Stanford Prison Experiment... Huh.
Oh oh! This is also the first dream I've remembered in two or three months, I think. Yay! Even though, it was not a happy dream. At least I remembered a dream.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment