Sunday, August 18, 2013

Spiders in My Room.

So there used to be a lot of spiders in my room until I started leaving eucalyptus leaves around my room. I only saw one or two live spiders over the next month. I also saw a handful of dead spiders along the baseboards.

I recently switched to spraying a mix of eucalyptus oil and water around my room. Still no live spiders in my room as far as I can tell. But again, more dead spiders. More than before.

So they're still coming into my room... but apparently they're dying in here.

I thought eucalyptus was supposed to repel them >: Now they're just coming in and dying. And I have to sweep their poor carcasses away ):

I want to repel them, not kill them. Anyone got any suggestions?

Random: A small lizard got into my room today while I was out. When I came home, I saw something in the corner of my room. At first, I thought it was a leaf. Upon closer inspection, it was a brown lizard. Looked like a baby one. I got my plastic container, trapped it, and released it outside on the grass. I love lizards; they're adorable, but I don't want them living in and pooping all over my room and things. Nor do I want them (or spiders) biting me just because I don't know they're there and I accidentally scare them.

The only way that lizard could have gotten in was under my bedroom door. I've checked the room for gaps in the baseboards and the window. Also going to assume the door is how spiders get in.

I need to find a foolproof way to keep all the critters out without harming or killing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment