Friday, February 19, 2016

Mini Rant: Women and "Men's Work"

Oh, fuck the bullshit that women have it easy and men have to take on jobs that women don't need to. Fuck that bullshit.

I've applied and interviewed for jobs that are typically for men, and I've been rejected because I am female. I was eventually hired for one; when I started, the company decided the job was not for a female and put me in the office despite the fact that that wasn't the job they hired me for.

When companies refuse to hire women for a "man's job," it's not women refusing to be in the field of work. It's not women having it easy. It's not sexism against men in the workforce. It's people perpetuating the idea that women are too weak and can't make it in a blue-collar world. Men apply for blue-collar jobs, and they get those jobs because they are men. Women apply for them, and interviewers literally laugh at us and think we're joking or delusional -.-

So before you say work-related deaths and injuries are higher for men and complain about feminism not caring about men, maybe consider why it's so skewed in the first place. There are more men in these jobs because people won't hire women. If there aren't that many women hired in these fields, why would other women try to work in these fields? What are the fucking chances women would have to get hired? Why bother?

Instead of complaining that women don't want to work these jobs, hire the ones that will!

No comments:

Post a Comment