Sunday, April 17, 2011

QTIP's Drag Show 2011

I slept over at Shiva's Wednesday night because we both had two back-to-back midterms the next day. The 104 midterm was difficult -_- I hope we both got good scores.

The drag show was on Thursday. I was late for setup because I had gone home around 3 and tried to get back to campus by 5. But I had to wait for D to stop by, which made me an hour late. Setup started late though and ended quickly.

The show itself was all right. Turnout was not as high as it seemed to be last year. There were fewer performances too, I think. Or maybe just fewer performers; some of them did two or three performances.

I liked a few of the performances. Bonnie's "Love The Way You Lie" was good, especially with the IPV (Intimate Partner Violence) facts. Pandora's Myth's dance routine was pretty awesome; probably my favorite performance of the night. Oh, Bonnie's drag troupe (Gender Queer Society) did the final performance of the night. Performing with a pair of drumsticks and inflatable guitars, the four performers were each dressed as a member of a different band or musician. Kiss, George Michael, Bon Jovi, Flock of Seagulls. That was just a fun performance.

Oh, there was also Tim's Emily Rose/Rebecca Black performance o_O The intro was taken from the movie "The Exorcism of Emily Rose." Turned into the song "Friday." The audience sang along. I still don't even remember the tune, and this was probably the third time I'd heard that song. I think Shiva's ears died and her brain lost some cells.

Parker's group, Pimps and Pros, had a fourteen-minute long performance before intermission. A bunch of hip hop songs, quite a bit of profanity, and too much provocative dancing and grinding. Toward the end of the song, the women of the group came off-stage to give lap dances to members in the audience O_O Next time, I want to sit away from the aisles. Anyway, I don't really remember anything else from this performance other than Danny's top fell down (I don't know if it was planned).

There was also a drag queen performing two Cher songs. She held a microphone and everything. Another performer was a guy singing and dancing to his own written song.

I named the performances out of order, but that's 'cause I can't remember them in order. I'm probably missing a few too -shrug-

Mm, so Shiva made me go in drag with her. Except I wasn't really in drag. All I did was wear my usual clothes, and she drew a mustache on me. And a swirly beard thing. In eyeliner stuff. Shiva had a mustache, beard, and sideburns. I brought my baggy hand-me-down jeans from Brother, so that she could borrow it. But she ended up not using them. Made me carry extra weight -_- But anyway, apparently, we looked like twins, I looked like an Asian gangster, and we were just cute (I mean, we were oh so manly). You'll see pictures on Facebook soon probably.

Harrison came to the show after the intermission. I had contacted him too late to get him to the show on time ): Sad. But he enjoyed what he didn't miss :)

So I slept over at Shiva's again Thursday night. And again Saturday night. Slept over quite a bit this week. Even though we broke up...

This past week has been difficult. Lots of tears have been shed. But smiles are still plenty enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment