So today, after our first two classes, Shiva and I were posting up fliers in DMH for QTIP's upcoming drag show (next Thursday). Around noon, we left to the Student Union so that she could take pictures of the Tunnel of Oppression before everything was taken down. I did a bit of running around because Shiva's camera was in her room and I went to finish putting up fliers (Shiva's feet are still wounded).
When I came back to the SU to find Shiva, we ended up staying for a long while to help take things down and clean up a bit. Not many people came to help clean up. Maybe they didn't think they should.
But anyway, we were pulling down plastic tarps, peeling off all kinds of adhesive tape, rolling up the tarps, tossing away trash, salvaging what we wanted to keep, moving tables that were used as walls, and taking apart the poles that were used to hold up the tarps. Shiva and I found our knives to be useful :)
I somehow managed to cut my left index finger on a table though. I thought the knife would be dangerous, but no the table cuts me instead -_- Oh, and when we started taking apart the poles, I got injured.
We had one or two people at each corner of the poles (8 poles put together to make a box shape). Shiva was standing directly underneath the first pole we were taking out. So I held the supporting pole, so that the pole wouldn't fall on her head when we took it out. Somehow, the pole was pulled out without any warning to us, and it fell on my middle finger ;-;
At first, I reacted, jerked my finger away and winced. In my head, I was thinking, "Why am I reacting so much? It doesn't hurt that badly." A few seconds later, the pain became unbearable, and I started crying a little. I kept turning around, putting some pressure on my finger with my lips, and fighting back tears.
Sadika (MOSAIC Cross Cultural Center person XD) told me I should stay away from the poles so that I wouldn't injure myself again. But I kept helping out with taking the poles down. I'm injured, but that doesn't mean I'll stop helping if I am still able.
So I didn't really notice anything about my finger other than that it hurt like hell and was sensitive to slight pressure. After a couple of minutes, I noticed that the part of my nail where the pole hit was a bit discolored. Then a dark line started to form around the edge of the injured part. Probably just a bruise. I was afraid my whole nail was gonna turn black. It doesn't look like it will turn black, but who knows? My nail is so sensitive now @_@ When I got home from school, I noticed that my nail was slightly damaged -_-
But it's all good. If my finger hadn't taken the hit, Shiva could have been hit in the head D:
But anyway, afterward, we went to Subway downstairs in the food court. While waiting in line, we kissed each other. And a guy who was sitting in front of Subway complimented us. "If you two are really lesbians, I give you balls for showing your love..." He fumbled a lot over his words. But he was trying to give us props. That hasn't happened to us in a while. And I was kinda surprised that it happened haha XD
Anyway, I did not get any work done today. When we came back to her room, Brian L was with us. We finished watching "Macross" (Was that what it was called?). Strange anime.
Mm, so I'm hoping to get a lot of homework and reading done this weekend. I really wanna keep up or get ahead of my school work, but I don't know how likely that will happen. Lots of reading I want to do tomorrow, since I didn't do any of it today--I really wanted to get all my reading for one class done today -_- Oh well.
Lots of events coming up soon. Been advertising events on Facebook. Would work better if I had more Facebook friends XD Hopefully, the ones I do have will spread the word anyway :)
Thursday, April 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment