was pretty chill. First real dance competition I've ever been to, I think. I got Andrew to drive me to the Civic Auditorium, kinda last minute. But too bad he had to leave at 7:30 to hang out with his family. The doors opened at 5:30, the comp started at 6:30, and it ended at 9:45.
I'm not sure what I want to say about the comp. So I'm just gonna say I was very impressed with most of the dancers. There were even 10-year-old dancers. They were a part of Funk Beyond Control. Defending champions. Incumbents. They took first place again this year. I thought they were good, but I liked another crew's performance better. Though, I don't remember what they were called haha. Oh well.
Supreme Soul and Funkanometry SF were there. Special guests. I don't know who they are, but I've heard of them. ABDC and all. Everybody's fave show, yeah? I should watch it. I just don't want to get hooked on it.
Getting hooked onto many shows is very stressful for me haha because I get compulsive about watching everything. And when I forget or something like that, I freak out too much and get an uncomfortable feeling in the back of my neck :/ Literally. So I try not to get hooked on shit haha.
Anyway, Wrawsome, Ariane's crew, was pretty damn good. Some unexpected choreography just because I've known Ariane so long hahaha.... One, a guy on top of her; and two, the "make-out" choreo. What fun. What excitement. How schmexy.... But yeah, it was all good stuff, the whole thing.
Though, I think I remember seeing Ariane nearly collide with one of the other girls. Of course, that could have just been my eyes :P Overall, though, the dancers were altogether and in sync :)
The only thing that kinda annoyed me during the competition was that people kept cheering like every 30 seconds. I couldn't hear the music -_- I couldn't focus on the choreo. People cheering for every little thing. C'mon, people. Of course, it could just be me, and I'm not used to going to one of these things. So it's possible that people always cheer like that. I don't know. I like to wait till the end of the performance before I cheer because sometimes when I cheer for one good thing, I miss the next good thing. I'm so easily distracted haha.
Anyway, yeah, that's all I really wanted to say. No details, I know -shrug- I just wanted to put something down about Battlefest and Wrawsome :)
Oh yeah, I had a good view too. Don't you hate it when you go to a concert or something and you can't see shit from where you're sitting? That usually happens to me. Tonight, though, I got a pretty good view from the topside. Though, there was a railing in the way so I couldn't see some people haha. Oh well, I still got a good view.
I've said this before, but Damn there are some hot dancers out there hahaha.... ;) Just look at those legs! Hahaha....
Saturday, February 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment