Wednesday, September 1, 2010

5 months...

So Brother changed his jail sentence from two months inside and eight months outside in a program (40 hrs/wk) to five months inside and no program. So he's getting out January 23.

So he's gonna be locked up for his birthday, my birthday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's. He's basically gone for a whole school semester for me.

I don't know how I feel about this.

But anyway, this means Brother's stuff must be moved back into our garage -_- again. Probably will do so in two or three weekends. Mother is gonna hire Mexicans who stand in front of Home Depot to help move the bed frame and mattress, heavy stuff o_o I offered to ask my friends to help, but she refused. She doesn't want my friends to know about Brother's situation.

I tried to reason with her: I don't have to tell my friends anything about Brother. All I have to say is we need help moving things. Getting help from my friends would be a bit cheaper, I think. My friends are bit more trustworthy than strangers are.

Anyway, I'll try to ask friends anyway. Know any guys who could carry bed frame parts and a mattress down a set of stairs?


Blah, this week has been tiring... Make me want to keep sleeping every morning. Which I could do on Mondays and Wednesdays, I guess. But I won't.

First QTIP meeting of Fall '10 today. Small turnout for a first meeting. But it's understandable, what with the day and time changes. And the student organization fair was today as well.

Wasn't able to check out any of it though ): Mother wanted me to come home early so that I could stay home while she went to buy groceries at the Viet market. But turns out she decided to go out and buy stuff while I was at school. So I got home for no existing reason. I was peeved at first, but then I didn't care. Ate lunch and stuff. Went back to campus. Hung out with Shiva, of course. We went to the Sociology orientation thing. Kinda informative, but I didn't really learn anything I didn't already figure out for myself before >_>

Back to the meeting. Five or six new faces. Woo! Announcements, planned stuff...

BB Open House tomorrow. Dunno if I'm going to that. Maybe. Maybe not. Probably not. I kinda wanna go home after Q&A. I might do that if I'm really tired then.

Bowling tomorrow night. I would like to go, but I can't 'cause it's late. Mother would kill me 'cause it's so early in the semester to be doing stuff on a weeknight. Besides, Shiva won't be there XP

Karaoke this Saturday. I wish to go. I hope I can go.

Movie/cinema the following Thursday. I wish to go to that as well.

Btw, KAT! We never went to karaoke T-T OR LUNCH!


Yeah, nothing too exciting happening lately. Just trying to keep my head up. But it's hard. My head just keeps rolling over, and my brain shuts off. So sad -_- You don't know how many times I've dozed off in class and at home this week so far haha.

OK, that's all. Time for sleeeep.

2 comments:

  1. It's ok, I'll be here to roll your head back and give you a hug.
    I was hoping the orientation was more interesting but it never got there--sad. D:
    Interesting Qtip group this semester. I hope they come karaoke-ing ^^ And it'll be fun to watch you sing :DD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Thuy! Nice to see what you've been up to :)
    too bad i don't know of any connections with muscles in San Jose right now.

    ReplyDelete