So Shiva came back up to SJ on Friday with her cousin. She stayed at my house for the weekend.
She got to my house around 19h00, I'm not sure. Helped her bring food and other stuff inside. Got her settled in haha. Mother had bought vegetarian food for her. So we ate that for dinner. After, she modeled her new pinstripe suit for me XD Mother said the jacket looked too small on her, but otherwise she looked really pretty and professional haha. Before Shiva and I went to sleep, she practiced her two-minute speech, which she had to give during her interview on Saturday.
Saturday, woke up around 6h30. I debated about whether I should go with Shiva to the interview or not, to keep her company while she waited for her interview. But the whole thing was supposed to last from 8h00 to 16h00, and we didn't know if there was any place I could sit to wait for her. And it was raining that day. So, ultimately, I stayed at home.
Spent the whole day waiting for Shiva to come home. Worked on a bunch of Sudoku puzzles that she had given me almost a year ago haha. I made 19h30 reservations at the Vegetarian House for a group of ten. I don't remember what else I did. Shiva called to tell me that she had two interviews, one at 9h00 (the earliest one possible) and one at 15h30 (the latest one possible). So sad. But at least she was able to talk to people and hang out with them.
When she came back to my house, I was happy to see that she was still alive. But she was still nervous about her interviews. Will find out if she got the position next Monday.
We just hung around the house a bit, talking and stuff about her interviews and whatnot. Then around 19h00, we went to pick up Harrison from his house to go to the Vegetarian House.
Missed our exit XD because Shiva is confused by the signs in SJ. But we got to the restaurant about on time. Most of our other guest were already there: Marian L, Sabrina, Stephanie S (I didn't really know her before though), and Killol. I think Jen L and Cathy B came later, I don't remember ;-;
Interesting restaurant. Pictures of Supreme Master Ching Hai (or Thanh Hai for us Viet people) everywhere in the restaurant. The servers were very nice and accommodating. We really only had about an hour and a half to eat because the restaurant closed at 21h00. But we took a while to order drinks and food. Ended up getting the summer rolls, Sizzling Tofu, Namaste Set, Kung Pao Tofu, Spicy Cha Cha, Dancing Asparagus, Spaghetti Jambalaya, a bowl of white rice, and a bowl of brown rice (which I took home). We all split the cost of most of the things that were ordered. The exceptions were the Spaghetti Jambalaya (Sabrina), Hummus and cheesecake (Stephanie and Killol). Drinks were good: Thai Iced Tea had soy milk in it, very tasty. I had the Steaz Sparkling Orange, yum. Iced teas, I heard, were good too. So, I say the servers of the restaurant were very accommodating because there wasn't enough space on our table to fit all the dishes and so we asked them if we could place the food on a separate table to make it like buffet-style dining. And they let us :D Much easier to reach the food, instead of trying to pass around dishes and plates.
Shiva had fun looking at a book of birds (though, Ching Hai was almost in every single picture).
But anyway, we had to leave the restaurant at 21h30, half hour after closing. We stood in front of the restaurant and then at the bus stop to wait for Cathy's bus. Talked for more than an hour and a half. It was fun. Some silly and crazy times. Cathy got hella hugs before she got on her bus because the first two or three buses that came were not hers but everyone hugged her thinking it was her bus :P So silly. Harrison and Shiva gave me and Jen piggyback rides XD I felt like Harrison was tossing me off at times haha, but he's just crazy XP He even climbed the bus stop sign for pictures. Talking to Stephanie led to us finding out that she went to high school with Brother :D and that she was friends with the guys who became Brother's enemies <_< She recognized Brother from the photo I had in my wallet, but chances are Brother may not recognize her. Haha small world though, yeah? Turns out she's not very good friends with those guys though, so that's good haha :P
Anyway, Mother kept calling me, yelling at me to get home. She got pissed at me because I said I would come home soon, but I didn't. Had to drop Marian, Jen, and Sabrina off at their respective places. Harrison got a ride from Killol to somewhere else in downtown. Stephanie was sad that she was driving alone XD haha.
Went to Sabrina's room to collect some of the things that Shiva had left with her. Then we went home. Mother was not happy. Glared at me. Shiva thought Mother was glaring at her, but it turned out it only looked that way because Shiva was standing behind me when Mother glared at me XD But Mother was angry at me because I was out too late during a time where quite a few kidnappings had been occurring (Michelle Le, little kids, and others).
Sunday, I woke up at 4h30 to wake up Mother, so that she could get ready for a day trip to the City of Ten Thousand Buddhas in Ukiah. I fell back asleep. She woke me up at 5h30 to drive her to the meet-up point for the charter buses. I didn't wake Shiva up for this because she didn't seem to want to be woken up XD
Dropped Mother off and came back home to sleep. Shiva and I didn't get up till near noon. Took our time getting up and getting ready. Went to IHOP. Got there around 15h00 when Mother called to say that she'd be back in SJ in about two hours. So Shiva and I ate kinda quickly. Then we went on a search for pet shops with cats. Went to Andy's Pet Shop, where Shiva's GPS said it would be. But it turned out it was the old location. Went to the new location with the help of Carlo (I had to call him). But no cats ): Only rats, a guinea pig, a macaw, and a few dogs, mostly chihuahuas. Texted Carlo to ask him if there were any places with cats.
On the way to one of the places that Carlo suggested, Mother called to say she was back. So Shiva and I went to pick Mother up. It was a difficult parking lot to maneuver through because people were walking and cars were blocking passages. But we got through it eventually. Took Mother home. Then off to the Animal Care Center, except it had closed ):
So we went to Harrison's house because we knew he had a cat. Got there. Tried to pet the cat and it ran away from us ;-; So we just hung out in Harrison's living room and bedroom. I injured my shin on Harrison's couch T_T Painful. In his bedroom, we watched some survival show. Played and lost at chess against Shiva. There was a tickle war, in which Shiva was the victor XP She sprayed silly string on Harrison's closet doors before we left.
Got home early. Slept kinda early.
Mother and Shiva talking to each other is interesting :D Mother invited her over to our house again. Talked about a bunch of stuff, like Mother's complaints about our landlady haha. I think Shiva understood Mother pretty well though :P
Monday, we had our alarms going off from 8h00 to 9h00. Got up. Got ready. Ate breakfast. Found that my wireless keyboard was acting funky. It added a bunch of "g" and "12" to a message that Shiva was writing XD
I helped Shiva pack her stuff into her car. She left after 12h00. Anxious about this because she was driving to So Cal by herself, since her cousin was no longer going back to So Cal.
But she called around 19h30 to say that she made it home safely :) Amazing haha.
I haven't really done too much this weekend haha. I need to apply to more jobs though and do other stuff. Make more plans with people. Make sure plans come to fruition :) Lots of things to do, yes? Like register for classes tomorrow morning :P
Anyway, yeah, fun stuff. Now off to do more fun stuff by myself XP Yay, Sudoku and whatever else I decide to do...
Tuesday, June 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment