Friday, June 10, 2011

X-Men: First Class

Brother and I went to go watch the movie today. Mother dropped us off at Oakridge. Jovany sold us our tickets :D

For a two-hour-long movie, "First Class" was pretty awesome. I loved it. Great action, great storyline, great acting. I found my sympathy to lie with Erik for most if not all of the movie. Michael Fassbender is a superb actor, who made it easy for me to empathize with Erik. James MacAvoy was good as Charles. Played calm and cool very well. The scumbag antagonist varied between meh and grr haha. Kevin Bacon keeps playing bad guys; I wonder why, but at least he's good and convincing.
Overall, I really liked the characters. This movie explains a few things that I always wondered about XD Awesome story throughout the movie, but especially in the first half of the movie, I think. And the action was best toward the end.

Anyway, Brother fell asleep during the movie. So sad. I had to wake him up several times because he was snoring -.- He thought the story was too slow and boring. He wanted more action. I'm so disappointed -.- You shouldn't watch X-Men just for the action. It's the story that really makes the movie.

Afterward, Brother and I walked to the light rail station to go home. On the way, we passed a dead cat ;-; It was lying on its side with its eyes and mouth open. The legs were straight and rigid. I asked Brother, "Is that a dead cat?!" T_T So scary and sad. Flies were buzzing in and out of the mouth. Didn't look like it had been run over. Looked more like it had been scared to death. But yeah, image scarred into my brain T_T

Now, I have to drive Brother home -.- But I'm hoping to go watch more movies and do other things this summer with people :) Can't wait!


Btw (off-topic), I think asking people to give you an answer to certain questions is unfair and stupid, to say the least, in given situations. Like, Brother asked Mother is she loved him. I thought, "Why wouldn't she? She does so much for you when she doesn't have to and when you cause her so much pain. How could she not love you? Why do you need to ask?" Anyway, yeah, just thoughts and thoughts on my mind.

Now, time to drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment