Wednesday, March 6, 2013

I've lived in SSSJ most of my life...

I grew up thinking that I lived in ESSJ until the sixth grade, but after some Internet researching, I have found that I was wrong. I've lived mostly in South San Jose ever since I was a few weeks or months old. I say mostly because there was a six-month period at the end of high school where I did live in East Side. Anyway, the neighborhood that I lived in for the early majority of my childhood was technically a part of South San Jose.

I know this is totally unimportant and so very trivial, but this just makes me feel so... I don't even know.

The past few months had found me confused and questioning the imaginary dividers of San Jose. And I finally found out what they were. Thank Wikipedia and Google Maps. So I have spent most of my life living in South San Jose but believing that I had spent a significant portion of my life in East San Jose.

If we want to argue technicalities, then ok yeah, I did spend a significant amount of time in ESSJ because of all the family friends and Vietnamese stores and restaurants in the east. But I thought my childhood homes were a part of that too. But now, I have figured out that they were not. I don't know why this bothers me as much as it does. It just does.

All the Mexican and Viet gang violence and gang members in and near my neighborhood probably threw off the easily confused little brain of mine.

-sigh- I am just so shocked... Not really haha. But it just makes realize that I thought I knew something, but it wasn't true. And I'm having a semi-serious reaction to this. I hope I don't find out that something else that I believe I know, that's way bigger than this, is also untrue. I'm not sure how I would handle that haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment