My resolve is weak. I want to adventure into the festival world. I haven't even gone a full week into 2018 yet; I'm already thinking of scrapping my rave ticket budget. 😅
I originally figured, if I raised my budget enough to cover EDC LV 2018, I would have more money to spend on smaller events throughout the year. Sounds good because I usually don't think about going to other major festivals.
But after seeing this year's Coachella lineup, I'm tempted. Mainly for the smaller names. I really wanna listen to them live before they blow up. :) It would also be cool to check out a festival that's not strictly EDM. I had been considering Bonnaroo or Outside Lands as well. I may still choose one of those in the following years over Coachella.
If I decide to go to Coachella, I think I'm going to revise my budget plan. Actually, I'm going to ask for a pay raise at work first; it's long overdue. I haven't asked for a raise of any kind since 2016. And if I can get the pay I would like to have, Coachella may actually happen. And if Coachella happens, then I may start to revise and split my budget. One budget for festival tickets and one budget for massives and shows. I don't think I have the willpower to follow another strict overall budget this year haha.
My thrift may give way to extravagant adventures in 2018. I don't know yet. Maybe I'll find a balance between my 2013-2016 self and my 2017 self... Maybe not. Ugh. I'm conflicted between saving more money and indulging myself more frequently.
Must maintain moderation. I had been pretty darn good about it in 2017, so that I could travel and save money to help my family. This year, travel isn't as important. I was hoping to make travel a priority for 2018, but I realize travel really isn't my thing. I'll do it to visit friends and spend time with them. But I don't have any cemented travel plans; so raving may go up my priority list this year haha.
----
I believe Coachella passes have already sold out. The Internet went a little crazy yesterday about this. But I've decided: If I can't get a pass within 20% of face value, then I probably won't go. I'm not paying an absurd amount over face value for any event. I wouldn't even do that for EDC haha.
----
I don't really know what my priorities are right now... Sometimes, I think I want to rave until I die; dance, headbang, groove, and sway until all of my energy is depleted. Other times, I feel like I just want to save my money and energy for a nice, comfortable future.
Saturday, January 6, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment