Thursday, December 27, 2012

Successful job interview?

So I had a job interview with Randstad In House Services today in Mountain View. Awesome. Tomoyo, the person who interviewed me, was really nice and welcoming :) Not intimidating, which put me at ease. I wasn't very nervous--that's a first. If my coworkers are all as nice as Tomoyo, then I think I'll be happy with the job. The whole interview process, including filling out some paperwork, lasted about forty-five minutes.

She spent a part of the interview explaining various aspects of the job, including job duties and behavior codes. When she was going through the list of things to not do at work, I laughed a few times because I couldn't imagine doing those things myself. And I assured her that I wouldn't. But I guess my word doesn't mean much until people actually witness it. There were a couple of times where I wanted to interrupt and say I couldn't even make myself do whatever it was that wasn't allowed. Talking on the phone, falling asleep on the job because it gets boring, and getting out of my seat too often... I silence my phone as soon as I walk into a work environment; I can't fall asleep if I'm too busy focusing on my work; my biggest worry about this job is that I'm afraid I might not get up often enough. I've forgotten to eat lunch several times because I didn't pay attention to the clock. Just glued to my chair.

I had all these responses in my head, but I didn't want to be rude by interrupting. But yeah, based on everything she's mentioned about the job, the Do's and Don'ts, I think I will love this job. It might be a repetitive job, but that's what I've been looking for. A job that doesn't require a lot of speaking, allows me to work alone within a small group of people, and doesn't tax my brain (unless it's with puzzles). It really is the perfect job for me at this point in my life. I hope she believed me when I said that. I wasn't just saying that so that I could get the job. I like repetition and routine. Changing it up once in a while would add tons of excitement to my life XP

So it seems that I've got the job. A conditional hire, since the company still needs to do a background check on me. Though, even after that's done, I may not start immediately. Randstad has to wait for further instructions from Google regarding work assignments and the number of employees needed. But yeah, so Randstad (or at least this branch of it) provides temporary employees for Google. Two-year contract. I might start next week. I might start in a month. To be honest, I don't care when I start as long as I start. But I do hope I can get started sooner than later haha. I'm excited :)

I just finished filling out and submitting a W-4 and other online work-related documents. Company policies, so many... They prohibit so many things; it scares me because if I broke any rules, it would probably happen because I forgot a rule -_- But looking through it, I'm not at risk of breaking any of those rules. I don't plan to get a second job. I didn't even know what AdSense or AdWord were until I looked them up just now. I don't know how to hack anything unless it's physically with a cleaver and chopping board :P I don't remember how stocks work, but I don't know anyone who invests or anything. I should be ok with my blog because it's private and not searchable. Though, maybe I should ask about blogs just to be certain because their section on blogs was vague.

I was sooo confused about the tax forms. But I got through it. Hopefully, I filled everything out properly. I didn't have any help except for whatever links appeared when I googled "w-4 withholding allowances" and "w-4 exemptions." Even the explanations were complicated -_-; At least I'm done with that for now.

Now, I just have to wait to hear from Tomoyo about my start date. In the meantime, I'll look for other work. Just in case something happens to prevent me from working for Randstad.


No matter how much negativity Mother is trying to pile onto my current excitement about work, I'm good. I know she's trying to be realistic. But seriously, she's just trying to look for all the possible problems that could happen.

I'm pretty happy right now. While the end of 2012 hasn't been going all too well for my family, good things are happening for me personally. 2013 will hopefully start off as a wonderful beginning for me. My first steps into independence and self-reliance, and then eventually I can take care of my family for a change. Amazing. So exciting!

Now, I have renewed vigor for clearing out the clutter in my room (again). Also for planning housing arrangements. And money-saving plans.

Parts of my life are falling into place. Yay! I'm gonna be ok :) Whew.

No comments:

Post a Comment