So yesterday, Vivi came over to my house to hang out for a while before dinner with Brother and Karina--his girlfriend. We were amusing ourselves with YouTube and Sporcle (yay, new website to waste time on haha).
We went to dinner at San Pedro Square. We walked through to the bar.
Suddenly, a group of moustached thirteen friends started singing happy birthday to me from behind O.O I was in shock. I know I was. I kept saying it for the first two hours.
It turned out that Brother and Shiva were in cahoots in planning a surprise birthday dinner for me. I've never had a surprise birthday thing before...
It was simply amazing :)
Must name all the thirteen people who showed up before I forget: Shiva, Mai, Ariane, Ariane's boyfriend Felix (he has the same birthday as me :D), Autumn, Harrison, Brian L, Lisa, Albert, Christine, Jen, Chau, and Jonathan G.
I have some awesome friends haha. I'm still surprised that Vivi didn't let anything slip though XP
So totally unexpected. Biggest birthday celebration I've ever had. Overwhelming, but so fun.
I dunno what to say other than I was just really happy to see some of my closest friends for my birthday :) There were people from like four different groups of my friends. Two groups from high school and two from college. And they all seemed to get along :D Awesome.
I know I normally recount every detail I can muster about events, but I think I'll remember this night pretty well. Even if I was (exaggeratedly) inebriated. Only four drinks. A Long Beach, a Tokyo Tea, and two Strawberry Blasts from Flames (we relocated from SPS).
Ooh, I know I liked the cake. Forgot what's in it already... but it was good cake. From Aki's Bakery :D
Got gifts from Lisa, Christine, and Albert. Oh, they know me so well. Catered to my inner puzzle geek and sleepy kitten sides. Two Sudoku books, one of those brain teaser blocks things, food bowls, and a pillow XD
There was also a card signed by the thirteen surprise guests :P
Ahh, I know I also kept saying that I didn't know I had this many friends. I really felt like I didn't haha. That's probably what contributed to the overwhelmed feeling.
Last night is making me think about my previous two blog entries... or rethink. I dunno.
I'm on cloud nine today. Hope the feeling lasts.
Supposed to go to Target with Shiva later today and then to the movies for Wreck-It Ralph with her, Brian, and maybe Harrison (not sure if he understood that I invited him).
I dunno how to end this entry... I'm just really happy and grateful for the friends I have :)
Sunday, November 4, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment