Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Trainer.

I am the new trainer at work. Yay! I won't be doing a bunch of grunt work for much longer :P

I had applied and interviewed for team lead just before NYE but didn't get it. My coworker Sandra did. I was actually pretty happy about that. I didn't really want to be lead. Some of my other coworkers were disappointed I didn't get it, but I was just ecstatic that I wasn't chosen for lead haha. Realized the job descriptiong didn't quite appeal to me enough.

Trainer, however, fits me, as far as I can tell. I don't have to write people up. I don't have to monitor them. But I do get to check their progress and help them improve. And I get to learn every single task that the company throws at us haha.

I didn't have to do another interview for the trainer position, since I had already done an interview for the team lead position. Somehow, I was chosen for trainer. The supervisors called me into the office and offered me the job. I was in shock. A part of me was surprised; but another part of me wasn't. I know the leads and the current trainer have been encouraging me to apply for all the open positions. So I know they put in some good words for me.

But yeah, I'm pretty happy. I'll start learning the ropes tomorrow. And gotta absorb as much as I can in the next three weeks because the current trainer, Vinse, is leaving. This is quite exciting. I was asked to keep this quiet until all the other candidates were notified of the decision. So I just shrugged at my coworkers when they asked. I said, "We'll all know tomorrow." But I want to mark this day, so I'm blogging about it haha. I feel kinda accomplished :) It's pretty good.

2014 is starting off well. Life is going well :)

Now, I just need to work on my ability to talk to people. Especially attractive people ahahaha :P Cute coworker that I've been wanting to get to know and talk to but having a hard time thinking of things to say to yet still saying stupid stuff to. Except I'm already kinda over the whole she's-so-cute thing. I mean, I still think she's cute. But now I'm just like, "Whatever. I'm cool." I think it's because of the fact that we haven't really talked. Not getting to know a person really turns me off of them pretty quickly, I realize haha. Especially if it feels like they don't put in any effort to get to know me or just talk to me.

I should just ask people straight up if they find me annoying or if they would like me to leave them alone. I don't know if anyone would be that honest with me though. I'm usually pretty upfront with people about that stuff. But I give people a chance to prove me wrong before I'm that honest with them haha. And usually I stop finding people annoying after I get to know them better. I actually told one of my coworkers today that I initially thought he was annoying because he talked too much; and after getting to know him better, I thought he could be pretty chill. Yay for being honest, yeah?

Anyway, yeah, random. Good day though haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment