It's been a wonderful night...
I bought tickets to Kina's show as soon as I could. 9:05AM on Mother's birthday, right when my first break started. So much excitement. Bought a ticket for myself and another for a friend.
A few days ago, that friend had to cancel because of work. So I asked around on Facebook. Another friend wanted to go and said he was free to go.
Today came. Second friend had to cancel because of work as well. Resort to Facebook again.
Last-minute invites on a Friday night. Never easy. Nobody was free. Decided to sell the extra ticket. I could go alone. I was originally planning to anyway.
Last-minute changes in plan. Ash could go! :D
The bouncer at the club recognized me from Gameboi. Why? Because of my hat of course :P It's always the hat. You know the hat.
Ash tried and failed to take selfies of us XD It's ok. I don't take photos anyway. And we spent a lot of time laughing because we kept overhearing other folks' conversations. The things people say in public... I dunno haha. It's all good though.
Imaginary Future was the opening act. I love his music too. I don't listen to it enough. I should. I was singing along to his songs. He didn't play enough songs.
Maybe it's just me and my perception, but it didn't look like anyone else was singing along with his music >: nor was anyone else singing along with Kina's new songs. I felt like I was the only one. Because I looked around pretty often. People were just standing and listening. I don't think I could do that. I always feel a need to move with the music and sing along. Or maybe hum along.
Oh, and tall people. So many tall people. But it's ok. Their tallness did not impede my ability to enjoy the music haha.
So I was singing along to every song Kina sang :) As soon as her album released this past Tuesday, I started listening to it immediately. Have been listening to it since. I know most if not all the lyrics to her songs. I was compulsive about knowing the lyrics.
In between some songs, Kina gave explanations or backgrounds for certain songs. And I just thought, "Oh hey, I remember her saying this on her album stream." Each time she'd talk about a song, I knew what song she was going to play next XD (I think I'm a little obsessed, but it's healthy, I'm sure.) Her story for "Little Worrier" made me laugh because I could kinda relate. All that worrying builds up, you know. "Forever Blue" got me in the heart space a bit; it just made me think of Earl, Milton, Ton, and Rahul. I thought of family, of my mom losing her father, of loss itself. I feel you, Kina; that song, I feel it.
Her onstage presence was awkwardly adorable. She pointed out all these awkward things about herself, and it just made everyone smile and laugh. I liked that because it shows that she's not just a performer; she's also herself. And that's exactly what I needed to see tonight. At this point in my life. I don't know how to explain it. I just needed to see it for myself.
So I'm pretty sure she played every song on her new album, except I can't remember "Write It in the Sky" at all. Did my brain just completely shut off during that song...? <.<;; It's one of my favorite songs >.< ... Haha what am I saying? They're all my favorites.
Kina had a meet-and-greet at the end of the show, but Ash and I didn't stay. The line was super long. And my foot had started hurting--twisted my ankle on Wednesday while helping Claudia move; darn grass-hidden holes -w-;; I couldn't continue standing any longer. So we left. I was sad, but it's ok.
It's not that I'm missing a chance to meet a celebrity. I don't see her as a celebrity or even a Youtube celebrity. I just see her as someone who seems interesting, talented, and genuine, who found her platform via Youtube. Lucky for us fans that she did find that medium. Anyway, I really just want to meet her in person and give her a hug. Because I have no words to describe or explain how her music resonates with me. I don't want to say cliche things because, while I mean them, they're not the words I'm looking for. They don't really express what I feel. I just want to hug her and hope that that hug translates well how I feel about her and her music.
In conclusion, I just want to meet and get to know genuine people haha. No, no. The conclusion is I think I had a blast tonight and I wish it could have lasted longer. But I am for sure planning to attend the next Kina performance in the Bay Area. And I am determined to meet her. Not for an autograph or a photo. But for that hug. And just to know people like her exist and I can meet them.
Saturday, May 10, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment