Yesterday was the SJSU LGBTRC's 6th Annual Rainbow Graduation. Yay! I attended to show support for Matt, one of my closest friends--sometimes, it still feels weird to say I have close friends haha. One of my other friends, Amarissa, was also graduating.
Alex T and Tuan T also came. Zain, as well, whom I've met a few times before but with whom I never really conversed. Met a few nice, interesting people. Crizella, Matt's sister. David, an Applied Math grad. Frank, one of Matt's coworkers.
Matt and Amarissa's speeches got emotional. I had allergies. Nose and eyes were running. During their speeches, it was like my face was replaced with a faucet. I blamed the allergies haha. But seriously, they got me. Matt thanked several folks, including me, in his speech. His emotions were deeply felt at my table. Tuan, Alex, and I were just like, "Oh no. Our eyes!" Haha.
After the grad, we went to Amor Cafe to hang out for a while. Then Matt, Crizella, Tuan, and I decided to hit up Dave & Buster's. I actually played a few games because Matt and Crizella kept swiping me in -w-;; Thanks, y'all, for including me. In return, I gave them my tickets haha.
We decided we were hungry. So we went to Denny's. Crizella ordered some appetizer. And then we bounced because In-N-Out sounded better. We spent a good chunk of time at In-N-Out looking at guys who came through the place haha. I need to learn how to pay attention to people's eyes, so that I know what they're looking at and where their attention is. It would help with my gaydar XD
I didn't get home until around 1:30. Bed by 2.
Up at 5 and managed to fit in a shower, yay! Now, it's time to go to work.
Yesterday was a good day :) And it ended well! I'm happy. And I'm very proud of Matt for finishing his undergrad. I'm looking forward to surviving adulthood with him haha. But first, University Commencement and the Castro on Saturday as an extended celebration!
Thursday, May 22, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment