Thursday, March 18, 2010

Kids can be pretty amazing sometimes...

This past week has been all right. Fun times. Not so fun times. It's all balanced out.

Yesterday was Brian's birthday. He rejected my birthday hug D: But eh, we have pictures. Though, I suppose I look like I was trying to rape him >_>

I'm not really doing much during my weeks, but I also feel like so much happens O_o I just can't remember everything. And there are things I wish people would forget -_- Like how ticklish I get when it's too hot out. Heat. Ugh. Tickling, not fair, it was two against one. Brian and Shiva, you're horrible people DX

Haha I nearly knocked Brian's laptop to the ground XP Too much tickling.

Anyway, seriously, it's been sooo hot D: I can't stand it. Too much body heat buildup T-T


Hmm, some interesting news articles and other stuff:

Amazing kids

What's with the TV channel glitches?

Big screens are awesome

Cats can learn dog tricks too :P

Harrison just showed me this. It's pretty awesome too.


Mm, so today, I remembered Earl. I was talking to Stephanie H on the light rail about nursing homes and hospitals, and somehow Earl came up. Mm. Anyway, when I was home, Mother started talking about Milton (I think he's about 90 now), who used to drive Brother and me to school.

Mother and I were remembering deaths. She seems to find out about people's deaths soon enough to make it to their funerals:

Earl: We found out within a week of his death and paid our respects to him just before his funeral. First and last time I had ever seen a corpse. I still remember. I cried so hard. I couldn't stop crying for a long time. That was one of the hardest days of my life. Every time I think about it, I always wish life had happened differently. I wish I could have talked to him one more time before he died. All I can do is wish for things that cannot happen.

Mary (Milton's daughter): Mother found out a few days before her funeral and attended it. I didn't go because Mother didn't want me to go to a funeral (this was before Earl's death, I think) and I hadn't really been close to Mary either.

Lam: He was the guy we always called to come clean our carpets XP We had used his services for at least fifteen years, I think. He had died about a month after the last time we saw him. Mother heard about his death about two or three days after it happened. She attended his funeral.

Hoang: When Mother visited Viet Nam in 2006, one of her neighbors/cousins came over to her family's house to talk to her because it had been thirteen years since Mother was last there. They talked all night. Hoang went home to sleep. The next morning, news came that he had died in his sleep. Again, Mother attended the funeral.

You know, I think I listed them in reverse chronological order :P Oh well.

I don't know why I'm updating about this, especially since they were all quite old and mostly Mother's peers. It's just remembering Earl. His death has been the only death to really affect me, even if I hadn't seen or spoken to him for six years. All the other deaths belonged to people who were practically strangers to me.


I really, really wish I could hug Earl right now. Ahaha, now I'm crying. I need to stop.


Anyway, lots of homework to catch up on this weekend. Yeaah. Fun. Will try to get most of it done tomorrow. At least all the reading stuff. Yeah, I don't think I'll be able to make it to either of the birthday celebrations this weekend :/ I want to go to one, but I'd feel bad for going to one and not the other >_< Ahhh. And they're both so far away. Neither of them are in SJ. Phooie! XP


And today, I realized I talk about the strangest things with people, especially Harrison. I mean, I thought my conversations with Brian and Shiva were weird enough. But Harrison and I just take that shit to another level O_O Who woulda thunk... that that was possible? That I'd be comfortable talking about some things with a guy that I see once a week for about an hour. Haha and I haven't rejected his hugs XP Strange/funny how I treat each of my friends differently. And like I've mentioned before, there really seems to be an inverse relationship between the frequency of hugs and the frequency of chill times :P (I don't know the right term to use haha).


Yeah, ok. Done with being repetitive for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment