It's not that weird of a combination of movies to watch. And both were entertaining. Though, I'm not sure if it's me or what, but I wasn't completely satisfied with either film -shrug-
AiW, 7/10. The computer effects, awesome. The creatures looked amazing. The Bandersnatch and the Jabberwocky, I wish they were real haha. Maybe they are. I wish the Cheshire Cat were real too haha. And I thought the acting and characters were a mixed bag. Red Queen (Helena B Carter) got my sympathy, honestly. Alice (Mia Wasikowska) was so dry. I'm thinking her character is supposed to be like that. The Red Hatter wasn't as eccentric as I had hoped, but then again I wasn't sure how the Hatter should be anyway in this future Wonderland. Crispin Glover did so well as the Knave of Hearts XD I was happy with his acting (Though, I still see him as Willard or George McFly >_>). White Queen (Anne Hathaway), ehh, did she always move around so much? So much floaty-ness and twirling. I'm not sure how I feel about that. And her appearance was ehh >_> All white but with dark eyebrows, eyes, lips, and nails. She looked kinda evil to me, hm.
Oh yeah, the last gazebo scene, ahahaha, totally gangster XD
"Shutter Island" was interesting, 7.5/10. Predictable stuff (Then again, Andrea had ruined the ending for me when we were at Battlefest). Though the plot twist wasn't all that crazy and the movie really wasn't suspenseful for me, I think the acting was well-done. Notable performances by Leonardo DiCaprio (Teddy), Mark Ruffalo (Chuck), Ben Kingsley (Dr Cawley), and Ted Levine (the Warden) with his small part. Seriously, I enjoyed the acting. But Michelle Williams' acting was a lil bit iffy. Or maybe it was her character. Her emotion was just off-putting to me, but I suppose that just added to the atmosphere of the movie. Oh, and the suspenseful moments didn't surprise me ): I was slightly disappointed. But the lake scene almost made me cry. Yeaah.
I agree with Brian that the plot twist was predictable and therefore not a real twist. However, the way the movie handled the twist was a bit unexpected. It didn't follow the trend. Haha Claudia was disappointed that the ending didn't follow cliche :P
I read an online review somewhere that compared "Shutter Island" to "The Departed." Honestly, I have to say that I prefer "The Departed." I feel like I could watch that movie more often than I could watch "Shutter Island," but that's just me.
So today, Chris M (from Bernal and ST) gave me a ride to Eastridge around 11h10. Would have picked up Shiva and her friend if she had called, but she didn't. So Chris and I got to the mall around 11h30. Claudia wasn't there yet. And Chris had to leave because his dad called and told him to come home ): I told him he should go home. He bought a ticket for the "Shutter Island" showing at 14h00 and left. I waited for Claudia. She showed up right at noon when "Alice in Wonderland" was supposed to start. I almost thought she wasn't gonna show up, but yeah she did ^_^ If she hadn't, I don't know what I would have done because she has no cell phone and I had no ride for home -_-
Haha and while we were in line so she could buy water, we were talking about how we hate planning things/inviting people to things. People say yes at first, and then gradually they all change their answers to no -_- This is the third time it's happened to me in the past six or so months. I had at least eight people say yes for today. Claudia was obviously supposed to show because she was the one who invited me. Chris came (for the purpose of being my chauffeur XP haha). Brian showed for the second movie. Everyone else decided they didn't want to go or they couldn't go. I'd prefer that people just say no upfront or maybe. Not yes, then no. I dislike that very much. It has a negative impact on my life XP Apparently, the reason why Claudia invites me to the movies is that I mean yes when I say yes. At least for movie-watching. I'm usually good on my word, you know? Yeaah.
Anyway, we watched AiW. The movie ended around 2. I bought chocolate-covered raisins from a vending machine (been so long since I last had some). I put in $3.25 because I was hungry XP And you know, this was a suspenseful experience because the box got stuck D: I almost freaked out. Started pounding on the machine. Eventually, I figured out how to get it out. But ah, I dislike vending machines now T-T
After that, we headed over to the room for SI, where Brian was waiting for us. Haha Brian and I laughed at quite a few things during the movie XP Such silly things. Though, I currently cannot recall what any of them were haha.
When we got out of the theater around 16h30, Chris appeared out of nowhere. Turned out that he had come in to watch the last hour of the movie :O I didn't know. I had seen him come in and sit down in front, but I wasn't sure if it had actually been him >_> I felt bad. He paid $8.75 to watch half a movie D: And he was driving me too DX Mm..
We stood outside the theater for a bit. I talked to each person individually. They didn't really talk to each other -_- I realized I didn't introduce Chris to the other two. But, you know, they could have introduced themselves without me.
Anyway, we headed over to Daiso because Claudia wanted to look at or buy something. Brian left soon after. The rest of us headed over to Barnes & Noble and talked about the different books there. I didn't know Glenn Beck put out many books -_- Scary. Also, so many novels changing their covers to match with the recently-released movies based on them. I'm kinda not liking that, but eh whatever. After a few minutes of the conversation on books and Chris' hand gestures haha, Claudia had to leave.
Chris and I headed to his Jeep. I didn't know where to go, so Chris took me to the spot where he crashed his old Chevelle, poor thing. Spent more than half an hour standing on the side of San Felipe Road talking about his experience and whatnot. Crazy stuff. His car took out a chunk of a telephone pole haha. Damn. I'm surprised the pole is still standing. Oh, we saw two cars racing down the winding road as well. How close they got to running me over, hmm. Worrisome. Also darkness settling in. So we decided to get back in the car.
Drove all the way down San Felipe to Metcalf Road, to Bailey Avenue. So many turns @_@ Dangerous. Ooh, but the city lights, sooo nice. I really wanna just camp out on a tall hill or a mountain and look down on the city lights. And wait for the sunrise :D Ahh, that reminds me of when I used to live next to Valley Christian High School. One of the coolest places to see the city lights from. Oh, memories.
Anyway, yeah, much of the conversation that I had with Chris was about cars and his friend Mike P, whom apparently everyone should know. I know of him. I've known of him since Bernal :P But yeah, all very interesting conversation haha.
So I got home at 18h00, maybe 18h30. I don't remember. But I do remember Mother saying that she liked Chris because he looked like a nice guy haha. He is a nice guy (:
Oh, haha I just remembered that I could have gotten him and Brian talking more if I had mentioned that Brian is on a team building a hybrid formula race car XP Why I didn't think of it earlier, I do not know. Next time.
But yeah, that was basically my day. Good stuff. Movies were good, but conversations were more fun. Next time, I'll try to facilitate conversation, I guess. Though, people already know I'm not much of a conversationalist myself, sooo... Don't expect amazing conversation starters from me. I'm usually better at one-on-one conversations, in which the other speaker has more to say than I do or is passionate about something ^_^ Yeah, if you hadn't noticed.
Mm, fun stuff. Shall spend tomorrow doing some homework. At least another chapter for Sociology. I need motivation to start on my essays though -_- Blah. Ooh, Queer Prom in three weeks. I want to go. We'll see what happens, hm.
Oh yeah, yesterday was cool too. Spent the day chillin' at Shiva's and doing French homework haha. Brian came over when we were watching the Japanese version of Sailor Moon. Oh, memories XD There were also invasions of foot space. Offers of a shoulder to lean on. Literally. Lessons in hugs, I suppose >_> scary stuff. She made me hug Phil XP haha.
Ok, enough remembering stuff for tonight. I need sleep. Soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment