This morning at about 10h40.
I had set my alarm for 10h30, but I woke up at 7h30 -__- Tried to go back to sleep. Did a few times. But ultimately woke up at 10h22 because Mother was raising her voice at our landlady on the phone..
Anyway, I added four of the five classes I'm planning to take for the Fall (stupid 14-unit cap). I'm waitlisting in a Sociology class that I had not intended to wait to register for -_- and signed up for the Philosophy class that I was going to wait for. Mm. Oh well. It's all good. So I'm enrolled for 12 units right now. Then the first day of class, I'm going to try to add the class I'm waiting for. If not that class, well I have a list of other classes to try to add XP
Fall '10 schedule:
Monday/Wednesday
0900-1015 PHIL 57 (Logic and Critical Reasoning)
1030-1145 SOCI 100W (Writing Workshop)
Tuesday/Thursday
0900-1015 SOCI 101 (Social Theory)
1030-1145 PHIL 109 (Philosophy of Religion)
Waitlist
TR 1200-1315 SOCI 116 (Global Society)
So I'm back to the all-morning schedule for now. Gonna try to add one more class, preferably Global Society, so I can have 15 units and 'cause Prof Cox has good reviews :P Most of the professors for the other classes I might add have ok or bad reviews on RateMyProfessors >_> but they fit my schedule. As in their classes aren't that late in the day haha.
Hm, my schedule's a nice balance between Sociology and Philosophy classes, yeah? My required courses for Sociology. Don't know who's gonna be my 100W professor yet. The SOCI 101 professor, Prof Rudy, is supposed to be a good instructor but a hard grader. My Philosophy professors are gonna be good -nods- Vaidya for 57 (also the undergrad advisor that I met with for my Minor stuff. Nice, laid-back guy). For 109, I'm gonna have Giddings again :) Yay.
Mm, I just realized I shouldn't waitlist for 116 'cause the waitlist won't put me in the class for a few reasons. If my waitlist position gets me into that class, I would go over the 14-unit limit by one unit -_- and so the waitlist will skip over me to add the next person waiting. The waitlist system also ends on the last day of advanced registration, August 15. And I can't go over the 14 units until the first day of class, August 25 -_- Bah! I guess I'll just have to wait till the first day of class to try to add. I hope people don't show up >_> haha.
But I'll keep myself on the waitlist for now. 'Cause if it looks like I can enroll in the class before August 15, I'm gonna drop one of the Philosophy classes and then try to re-add it the first day of classes.
I really wanna get my required Major classes out of the way. So that I can just chill in a couple Philosophy classes for my last semester :P Sounds fun, yeah? I also want to get my Sociology courses done quickly 'cause there are specific Criminology electives I want to take. Though, I might end up taking one of my Criminology electives (a class that I would not prefer to take) this Fall if I don't get SOCI 116 ):
I wonder... When choosing elective courses, would you choose the ones that you wanna take, though they might not fit your overall schedule or plan? Or would you go with the ones that you don't like, but they would help you graduate sooner? I'm leaning toward the former haha XD but we'll see what happens. If I go with what I want, I might end up having to graduate in the Spring of 2012, which isn't bad at all.
Hm, anyway, today kinda sucks. Waking up to Mother yelling at the landlady and later at the guy who mows the lawn was not fun. She bitched at the guy for not doing his job right. What could be expected when the landlady only pays him $30 a month for a biweekly job that involves mowing, leaf-blowing, and raking?
The landlady and her husband are over right now to appease Mother.. And Mother is insisting that the lawn guy should be fired.
Oh, so Mother was bitching at the landlady about our kitchen sink. The garbage disposal thing stopped working but kept making weird sounds. And it was clogging up the drain with something. Mother kept saying that everything in the house doesn't work 'cause it's all too old to work and the landlady is too cheap to buy new things. She basically blames our landlady for all the things that go wrong in the house. The landlady told us when we moved in two years ago that the sink was relatively new (couple months old or something like that). Anyway, her husband checked the disposal. Turns out there were these giant hardened pods or beans or whatever stuck in the disposal. Guess what? They were my mother's. She was using them to make a remedy, and somehow they fell down the sink when she wasn't looking -_- They have been taken out, and the disposal works fine.
So Mother's finally proven wrong, but she doesn't admit defeat. She still says things, implying that all the fault lies not with her but with the landlady. Is it bad to say that I feel embarrassed by this?
And I'm pissed 'cause she's angry at everyone today.. Without much reason. And I'm just trying to drown her out. But she drowns out my music T-T
-siiigh- I need out. Out would be nice. A break... Would a six-month break be too much to ask for?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment