Yesterday (Tuesday) morning, I got an email from the Sociology Department with an add code for the Sociology 154 class (Non-Conforming Behavior) I wanted to take over the summer. So I added it, thinking I could drop my Tuesday/Thursday Social Problems class. But no.
So I went to campus to try to figure out how to drop the class. Waited half an hour for the Sociology Department to open after lunch. Their schedule says they are closed from noon to 1, but their lunch lasted until 13h30 -_- And the department couldn't help me.
Went to the Student Services Center. Registrar window. Learned I had to fill out a drop form because the last day to drop without a "W" grade passed. So after that day, I need consent to drop courses.
I went to the AS Print Shop to print the form. But it turned out I needed to write a personal statement, provide documentation as proof that I have to drop the class, and get the signatures from both the class instructor and the chair of my department.
After waiting in a long line, I talked to Financial Aid to see if I would get a fee deferral for the summer session, since the fee due date was the 16th (today). The lady who assisted me laughed at me and said that the office had a lot of papers to get through, so I would just have to be patient -_- I also asked her if my financial aid amount would increase if I added a third class, and she told me no (LIAR!). That freaked me the hell out.
So I rushed home to get a start on class-drop stuff. Spent late hours typing up the personal statement and looking up stuff I would need to complete the drop form. Printed out hella papers for proof.
But in between the time I got home from campus and the time I went to bed, I had to do a bunch of things for Mother and people. Stupid friggin' car stuff. Stupid airbag sensor fail. Had to drive to D's workplace because Mother and I borrowed his car. I drove his car, while Mother drove our car. She took the main roads. I took the freeway. So I got there early and was able to talk to D about the financial situation. He was more worried about the workload/stress I would have to endure (Surprisingly, later, Brother told me he was also more concerned about the workload than the money stuff too).
I was just really stressed out yesterday about the money.
Then today, I went to campus to try to get signatures and ask more questions about the financial stuff. Went to the Bursar's Office first, where I should have gone to first yesterday to save me from all the major stressing out and crap. I asked about refunds and stuff. Turns out I can drop the class and have six units, but I would still have to pay for the original nine units that I registered for. No refunds for students who drop a class but are still enrolled in the semester D: That's friggin' horrible.
So I decided I should just keep all three classes. Get my money's worth, right?
After that, I met up with Shiva but then went to the Financial Aid office again. No lines. And a much more helpful person. I asked about the fee deferral, and she said it wasn't on my account. But then she added the deferral to my account for me. Then I asked her about the aid amount increase for adding another class. She told me my award does increase (YESSS. The other lady lied to me >_<).
Sadly, instead of having to make up the original $700-difference in the cost and the award for the six units, now my family has to pay $861.50 T-T But I guess that's much better than the >$1500 that I had expected to pay yesterday when the lady told me my award wouldn't increase. Though, this still sucks.
I left the SSC feeling a lil better but still disappointed (mostly in myself). $861.50. I could have saved my family the extra $160 if I had planned better or had decided to just suck it up and stay home for the summer. Haha Shiva gave me a hug to make me feel better XP
I really just feel like shit about this whole thing. Money that my family shouldn't have to try to scrounge up so that I can take classes ):
But now that that is settled, my next big worry is the three-course load. Two courses seems tiring enough. But three? x.x Will I survive? Three four-hour classes. They're actually three hours and forty-five minutes long. Two on MW, one on TR. If I could drop Social Problems, I'd only have the two classes on MW. Alas, that is not the case. Five weeks of classes. Almost 24 (actually 22.5) hours of class a week XP I might end up crying sometime during the five-week period haha.
I don't think I'll be going out or anything like that much during those five weeks XP Hopefully will just be spending a lot of time on campus like I did during the past semester.
Oh, after the session is over, I'll have less than two weeks before the Fall semester starts. Will I crash during those two weeks? Highly probable. Will I bounce back in time for the semester? Who knows? I don't.
And ahhh, I hope I pass all my classes XP
Anyway, apparently, today, someone tried to break into my house when no one was home. But no one got in. They tried to get in through the bathroom window. They pulled out the outer screen and pushed the window wide open.
I doubt anyone would want to just drop in. A pretty high drop onto the bathtub. Anyway, Mother's extremely paranoid. She's suspecting every Hispanic person who passes our house now -_-
And she got mad at me for not being home. And she's mad at me because I won't be home when I start summer session -_- Really?
This kinda sucks. One of the main reasons I decided so late to take summer courses was to get away from the house or rather Mother herself.
She wants to pick me up from school and drive me back to school during the six-hour break I'll have on Mondays and Wednesdays -_- No. No way. I already planned some of this stuff out. Go to Statistics at 9h00. Get out at 12h45. Chill with Shiva, do homework, eat lunch, do more homework, nap if possible. Then go to Non-Conforming Behavior with Shiva at 18h00. Get out at 21h45. Take the light rail home. Though, I have to admit going home that late at night is gonna suck. But I've done it before, so -shrug-
Tuesdays and Thursdays should be ok but short. Start at 9h00 and get out at 12h45. Mother will probably make me go home early. Unless... I need help with my class XP I probably will. Do not know how I will handle my classes yet. But if Shiva's there to help me, I'll be aiight, yeah? :D
Anyway, if you wanna hang out like hella, we should kick it before July 12th when my session starts, which is about four weeks away. Session ends on August 12th, but I think I will be too exhausted to do much after that haha. I dunno.
So sad. I wanted to get out of San Jose/Bay Area for a lil while during the summer. Guess not? Oh well. Unless someone kidnaps me, riight? haha. Anyone still planning to go to SoCal anytime this summer? XP
That's a somewhat serious question. If anyone's going to SoCal for a few days before or after my summer session, lemme know when, how you're getting there, where you're staying, and if I can join you, k? I really need to get out for a while.
Mm, that's all for today. So tired.
Tomorrow, I'm driving Mother and Brother to his court thing. I'm not sure if and what I'm hoping for with his court case. But maybe things will work out well for us all in the end, mm? Minimal financial impact, yes? I dunno. Here's to not thinking too much about sad stuff.
Edit (21h39): I just realized that when I was figuring how many units and classes I needed for graduation, I neglected to include the SJSU Studies courses, or Upper GEs. So those R, S, and V classes would add an extra semester. Or not, if I decide to take at least 15 units a semester. Hm, fun stuff.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment