Saturday, July 17, 2010

Heart-racing calmness....

Who would have ever suspected my life would go how it's going right now? I didn't. I still find it hard to believe my life can be how it is right now. Ups and downs, as always. But they're not the ups and downs I had expected. The ups are better than I thought. The downs are too varied for me to compare them to my expectations.

But for the moment, all I'm focusing on are the ups. The ups are pretty damn amazing....

----

Second summer session started on Monday. I'm so exhausted. My classes and professors seem interesting enough though. Went home hella late on Monday and Wednesday. Always too tired to do homework XP Stayed late on Tuesday and Thursday to do readings and stuff for SOCI 154 at Shiva's place.

Went to Kendo on Thursday, but I spent most of the time trying to read.

Oh, on Tuesday, while I was waiting for Shiva to get out of class, I was sitting at a bench near the CCB and Music building. I was reading a library book. When I took a break to watch a squirrel from afar, it came over to me. Ran in circles around my bench. Stopped and looked at me. Then it climbed onto the bench and sniffed at me. Put its front paws on me. Passersby stopped and talked to me about the squirrel, exclaiming that they had never seen any squirrel do that before (without any visible treats). Then the squirrel climbed onto my book. So I set the book down on the bench. Then the squirrel started biting the book D: So I pulled the book away. As I did that, the squirrel bit my watch T-T So I shooed it away, but it stayed and sniffed at my shoes. So I gave it an almond treat that Shiva had bought for me. The squirrel ate it for a couple of minutes and came back to me for more food. So I got up and sat at another bench. Five minutes later, the squirrel found me. Again, more shooing and finding yet another bench. Eventually, it did leave me alone.

When I recounted this story to Shiva, she told me I was attacked by a squirrel -_- I was NOT attacked by a squirrel; it just came to me for food.


The rest of the week hasn't had much else happen outside of classrooms or Shiva's apartment, where I've spent the majority of my time.

Harrison came over to chill at the apartment on Wednesday. But not really with Shiva and me. He came to chill primarily with Michelle, Shiva's roommate O: haha (On Sunday, Free Slurpee Day, Harrison and I had gone to campus to chill with Shiva and get slurpees. Roommates [Marian and Michelle] came along.)

And then yesterday night, Shiva, Harrison, Michelle, and two others went bar hopping to celebrate Shiva's birthday. Yay for drunk texting. Those texts are totally going to be saved on my phone XD At least for a few weeks haha.


Hmm, today was intriguing indeed. I came over to try to do homework for 154, which I didn't get to do yesterday. Harrison had slept over. Haha drunk Harrison seems to be the same person as sober Harrison. Pictures and videos make me wish I was 21, so I could have gone out with these guys last night XD haha. Seemed like fun.

Anyway, got some reading done in Shiva's room. Including the reading Shiva and I have to do for 154. But we didn't actually get to the homework assignment >_> Got waayyy too distracted during the reading <_< Silly games and such hahaha....

Shortest goodbye this week tonight XP only because Mother drove to campus to pick me up. But I guess it's better to fall asleep in the car than on the light rail.


Have to go back to campus tomorrow to finish the reading and homework XP Hopefully won't get too distracted then. Might even try to finish early enough so that Shiva and I can go watch "Inception" :D Though >_> I have a feeling that major distractions will arise again....

No comments:

Post a Comment