Friday, November 12, 2010

"Firework"

by Katy Perry... I'm totally loving this song. I like the music video that goes with it too, though I guess fireworks (or even sparklers) shooting from your chest is kinda strange/scary. What if you catch on fire? :O



Anyway, it has been a relatively good week. Been trying to get some work done early so that this weekend would be relatively free for fun stuff. Four-day weekends, yay!

Except yesterday, I had to stay home ): because my mom wanted me to rest and stuff. I wasn't feeling all that great. So I spent the day trying to watch movies online, but either the movies stopped working or I plan to watch them at a later time with Shiva :) I watched half of "The Book of Eli" before I decided I wanted to watch it with her. Lots of movies I wanna watch with her :P

So instead of that movie, I watched "Across the Universe" with her (I streamed it online, while she watched the movie file that she has on her drive). It was interesting. I thought I would like it more 'cause I've heard so many good things about it, but I just thought it was ok. I like the song covers haha (Yay, Beatles!).

Hmm, been watching a lot of music videos on YouTube. Don't know what else to do at home other than do homework. But my motivation is still steadily dwindling.


Oh, so this morning, I went to another doctor's appointment to talk to him about my blood test, which I had last Friday. Iron deficiency, I think. In viet, he just told my mom and me that I "lack metal" (literal translation). So yeah, it's safe to assume he means I'm low on iron. So now, my mom's gonna make me eat more red meat XP Meh. Apparently, I haven't been eating that much meat in the past couple of months, which probably explains why I have a slight iron deficiency now.

Hm, so now I have to take an iron supplement twice a day for the next two months. Then I have to get my blood tested again to see if my iron gets back to a normal level. Hope so.

So I'm feeling slightly less than average. But I don't think it's the deficiency. Just not feeling happy with my mom. I know she cares, and I don't even care that she says it's my fault I'm unhealthy because it's true. It's the tone of voice that makes me feel sick. How she raises her voice too. Angry and all. She doesn't need to be angry. Blah...

Oh and homework doesn't help either -_-


Anyway, so tonight and tomorrow, I'ma hopefully spend time with Shiva :3 Well, tonight, I might be hanging out with Maggie :) whom I haven't seen since the summerrrr. So yay. If not tonight, then tomorrow afternoon. And if not tonight, apparently, Shiva and I will eat sushi? And tomorrow night, dinner date for my birthday, yaayyy! ^_^ I haven't been on a date like that before haha.


Also need to write a letter to Brother x_x I've been forgetting. My mom had told him that I already sent him a letter when she visited him on Thursday -_- Now, I feel bad because he's gonna be waiting for my letter T-T I'll write him his letter tonight or tomorrow and send it as soon as possible.

I can't believe it's already been more than two months since he's been in jail. So fast. He's got three more months, hmm. Wonder how things will go when he gets out. He's gonna have to pay his debt to the state and stuff. I hope it works out.


What else? I dunno. Stuff. And stuff. I've been thinking and not thinking about things lately haha. Some deep future-thinking and planning. It's crazy to think that I'll be graduating in about one and a half years.

Registration's opening for next semester. I get to sign up on Wednesday at 18h00. I hope all the classes I want will still be open. I really want them. Five classes. Well, four, but I know I can add one later for sure. Four sociology courses, one philosophy. Might switch out a sociology course for a linguistics course. But I'm really trying to get three sociology classes with Shiva haha. We'd see each other sooo often XP

-crosses fingers- I want those classes....

Oh, and damn, I can't believe tuition's gonna go up to $4884 next Fall. It's going up 5% for Spring 2011, and another 10% for Fall 2011. It's friggin' nuts! I'm lucky I get financial aid, but seriously what the hell? I don't know how tuition raises help much. They're just making it harder for students to get into college and stay in college. I wonder how much of a salary cut the bourgeois administrators have to get XP

Bleh. Anyway, four more weeks of classes and a week of finals, yay. Six-ish weeks of winter break. Can't wait for this semester to be over. It's been fun with Shiva and friends. But school has not been that fun. But I guess I've learned a great deal in my Social Theory class :) It's taken over my life haha.


Anyway, that's all for now. Hope all is well with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment