So this past Saturday evening, Shiva, Brian, Marian, and I went to the University Theatre to watch the play Twelfth Night, steampunk-style :O
We, excluding Brian, walked in the pouring rain across campus XP I stepped in a deep puddle. Wet socks T-T Came a few minutes before the start of the show, but managed to get seats in the third row :D because a girl generously moved over for the four of us.
The play was entertaining. Though, much more physically vulgar than I'd like. A lot of pelvic thrusting and stuff. One of the things I like about Shakespearean plays is that the crude jokes remain crude jokes, not necessarily to be acted out. The way I see it is if you get the dirtiness of the joke, then you get it. If not, then oh well. I don't want physical gestures to tell me what I already understand -__-
Anyway, the acting was good. I liked Festes :P He was silly. He rapped and sang XD And all the characters danced. There were some scenes in which some characters walked or danced silently o_o I wasn't sure what to make of those. Interpretive dance? -shrug-
The scene where Olivia and Cesario/Viola kiss was not unexpected, yet it was. I thought the actresses would pretend to kiss, but they actually kissed :O
Um, what else did I think? Oh, Orsino looked gross >_> I think it was the combination of his messy hair and bristly beard. Did not look attractive to me. His posse, however, was cool haha. They were a bunch of female thugs (or well, one or two were playing guys).
Hm, since this was the last show, the actors and actresses seemed to have all their lines down. Didn't notice any moments where someone got stuck at a line. I think at one point someone almost rolled off the stage :O Instead, they managed to just kick a skull or something off the stage.
Oh haha, I recognized one or two of the actors from about two years ago, I think :P The guy who played Sebastian had played the role of a son in Death of a Salesman.
Anyway, that was fun. The four of us walked back across campus. Shiva tried to pull me into giant puddles. The Seventh Street Plaza had like three huge puddles. Ponds. Mini lakes XP I tricked Shiva into stepping into one XD Shiva and Brian play-fought, ran around and stuff.
Shiva, Marian, and I went to 7-11 to rent some movies. Went back to Shiva's. Made DiGiorno pizza and breadsticks. Breadsticks, awesome; pizza, meh, could have been better. Watched "Jonah Hex." I thought it was going to be a good movie 'cause I had read good things about it. But it was not that amazing -_- Waste of a dollar. Sorry. Thought it was gonna be about a guy on a bounty-hunting mission. It technically was, I guess, I dunno, but it wasn't exciting.
Went to sleep. The next day, Sunday, Shiva and I went to a queer-dance committee meeting. Ironed out some details. Date set for February 24 at 8PM. Anyone 18 and over can attend. Theme: Red/White/Black or suits of playing cards :)
After that, Shiva and I watched "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo." It was entertaining, gross, exciting, and not as good as we had expected. But it was still worth the dollar haha. We plan to watch the second and third movie -nodnod- I think we'll learn more about the main character in the second movie. Also, she looks pretty cool XP Her character is troubled but likable. Though, a few of the things she does is blehhh -_- But Shiva and I agree that we both like the part where she tattoos a guy -nodnodnod- :P
So that was the weekend. Today was ok. Not much happened, except I found out that I don't have 100W on Wednesday, which means I can escort Shiva on the light rail to the airport :P Should probably not bring much stuff to school on Wednesday.
Have quite a bit of work to do this weekend. Two papers and lots of reading, it seems. Have to do the papers this weekend even though they're both due on the last two days of school. Why? Because I signed up to present on my papers next Monday and Tuesday to get them out of the way. Also, signing up early should encourage me to finish my papers early -nodnodnod- I hope so XD It would be sad if I didn't finish my papers this weekend.
Anything else? Anyone coming home to SJ this weekend? Though, I'm not sure how free I will be to hang out. I will try. Not going Black Friday shopping, sorry. Don't ask me to go to that. I don't want to buy anything nor risk my life for materialism XP haha. Hope no one dies on Friday >_>
Oh, just found out an ST student died yesterday. A junior cheerleader named Jordan. Alcohol was involved. Five students (two ST cheerleaders, three OG boys) crammed into a RAV4. The other four were injured (broken bones and such). I dunno what's gonna happen to the other cheerleader or how she's gonna deal with this because she was the one driving. Anyway, RIP Jordan. Even though I never met you, I know you'll be greatly missed.
People, don't drink and drive. Or rather, drink responsibly please.
Well, that's all I've got to say. Later!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment