What do I remember from the past week?
...
Last Monday and Tuesday are totally gone from memory.
Wednesday the 27th, I had a midterm in PHIL 57. It was more challenging than I expected XP I forgot something about truth tables and had to go back to fix it. I had thought I would be out after thirty minutes at most, but I ended up spending almost all the class time fixing truth tables -_- How sad.
For QTIP, there was supposed to be a movie (Hocus Pocus) and a potluck. I brought biscotti haha. And a can of Monster, which was Brother's. Mother had wanted to throw it out, but I thought it was a waste. So I brought it to give to someone. Gave it to Rahul. Spent the next fifteen minutes trying to open the can after the tab broke off. Used a pencil, a fork, a paintbrush, and other things. It wouldn't open. How strange. Eventually, Rahul and Shiva pounded a nail into the top of the can twice. White stuff came out o_o Then another guy finally realized that the can didn't have liquid in it; it was a Monster can that was converted into a cannister -_- I thought it was odd that I didn't hear any sloshing. I hadn't really heard of this, so the thought never crossed my mind. But anyway, we destroyed the can, trying to open it haha. Everyone wanted to open it up to see if anything was in there. At first, I refused because it was Brother's. But then I thought it was his fault for leaving the can in the fridge without telling me what it really was. We got it open, and it was empty, except for remnants of weed apparently. Threw away the can and stuff. Went back to the movie. Sadly, I only watched about the first ten minutes of it before I had to leave. Used to love that movie; I'll watch it again sometime on my own -nods-
On Thursday, hmm, my Philosophy of Religion class was talking about reincarnation. When I spoke, I mentioned that one of the writers, who was disputing the Christian notion of resurrection, made me think that her argument could support the higher probability of the existence of zombies than the possibility of Christian resurrection. hahaha zombies XD I can't believe I said that; I can't believe my prof liked my idea and noted it down in her book XD
In Q&A, we had a mummy contest/pageant. That was strange. Though we recycled all the toilet paper, I still think it was a waste. But it was fun, I guess XP Next meeting (this Thursday), Diwali meeting. Festival of Lights? Yeah, it will be interesting...
Mm, Friday morning, I went to the doctor for a check-up. It seems I may have thalassemia o_o Have to get my blood tested sometime this week, probably Friday. Fun.
Anyway, afterward, I went to campus to help Shiva make pumpkin pies for her party. That was fun. Making pumpkin pies is somewhat blargh because you want your food to be good and you don't really know if it will be good.
We also went to BevMo with Marian to buy Buttershot Scnhapps to make butterbeer. Shiva also bought a Japanese beer, Blood, and a mini Bailey's. Back to Shiva's place to finish the pies and prepare for the party.
People who showed up: Marian; Ly and Keith (They left way early); Jay and Veronica (They left early too but later than Ly and Keith); Crystal and Karishma (They left after Jay and Veronica, I think); Craig M; Alisa; Harrison; Jenn; JD (showed up for a lil while, but left to care for a friend at another party); Hannah, Craig R (a guy I hadn't met before), and Luis (They came late, coming off from a shift at Halloween Haunt). I think that was all of us.
I didn't drink much. Some butterbeer (It wasn't as good as last year's probably because the butterscotch schnapps was a different brand); some Bailey's mixed with vanilla extract or something; some Pina Colada that Jenn made. Also tried a bit of Craig M's Blackthorn (fermented apple cider?). That's about it. I didn't drink enough to even get tipsy. Why? Because I realize I do not enjoy alcohol all that much. So I meant when I said I won't drink much if at all at parties from now on. It's just better that way. Besides, even a lil bit of alcohol makes me sleepy XD
Hmm, Craig M had brought his iTouch. Listened to music, some dance and some rock/metal. Interesting mix on Pandora haha. Especially while playing Apples to Apples. So fun XD
Haha at one point, Craig M knocked over all my Skittles XP So sad. Helped him collect Skittles off the carpet. Drinks weren't spilled until the last hour or so of the party XD Well, actually, I guess Sabrina, Shiva's roommate, knocked over her cup of milk or tea or something on the couch before the party started :P But anyway, yeah, sticky.
It was raining outside at 5 in the morning when the last couple of people left. Harrison and Alisa escorted Jenn home because she had to walk over a block. Not safe in downtown, especially at that time -nodnod- Apparently, Harrison ended up sleeping in his SUV for the night XP because he promised Alisa he wouldn't drive home.
Shiva and I wiped down all the surfaces before we went to bed. We were sooo tired x_x
Saturday, some more cleaning. Went to Target with Marian and Sabrina. Back to Shiva's. Didn't really do much. Didn't have the motivation -_- Somehow, we went to bed at 2 in the morning. Sunday morning, I didn't want to get up, even though Shiva was telling me to get up, so that we could study. Got up too late. Mother called around noon, saying she was gonna stop by campus to pick me up /: No studying done this past weekend. My fault, sorry.
Today was all right. Went to PHIL 57 to see if the prof finished grading the midterms, but he hadn't. So I stayed in class, looking up classes I might want for next semester. I get to enroll on November 17, nine days after registration opens :O So early. Must be my prospective senior status. Sweet.
When I went to Shiva's place, we kinda compared classes we wanted. We're probably gonna take our research methods classes together. Maybe Criminology, but the choice of instructors and times suck -_- We'll see what will happen with that. I'm probably gonna take Global Society next semester, since Prof Cox will be teaching all three sections that are offered; well, hopefully, the Sociology department doesn't switch profs around -_-
Oh, and it seems that the majority of Sociology courses offered next semester will be Tuesday/Thursday classes D: So far the three classes I know I want to take for sure are Tuesday/Thursday; two of which are back-to-back. If I decide to take Criminology on TTh, then I'll have four classes back-to-back two days a week, and two free days. Could I survive that kind of schedule? I have no idea. Probably not. That's like six hours of classes with three fifteen-minute breaks in between.
I'm also planning to take an online Philosophy course about computers XD That would be awesome. I wanted to take that this semester, but the class filled up really quickly before I got a chance to sign up. It seems that the prof for the online course is much much better (more helpful) than the other prof who teaches in a classroom.
Also may take an elective instead of Criminology, which I need for my major. Elective for SJSU Studies (The Phil course about computers fulfills one of the electives here). Either Human Sexuality or Sound & Communication.
Or I could take another Sociology course for my major. Quite a list I have: Social Change, LGBT Studies, Socialization & Identity, Sexualities...
So, yeah, four or five classes next semester. If I feel crazy enough, I might go for six. But for now, I'm aiming for five. Can't wait to choose and enroll. Hope I get my first choices.
And whoa, I can't believe there's only about five weeks of classes left and then finals week. So faaast :O Still need to do two research papers and stuff. I mean, my philosophy of religion paper is due the week of Thanksgiving, and two weeks after, it's the last week of classes. Ahhh, I hope next semester doesn't go this fast because I wanna enjoy and savor (haha) Shiva's last semester at SJSU -nodnodnodnod- Happy and sad.....
Mm, oh so there's gonna be two long weekends this month, yay! Veterans' Day weekend and Thanksgiving weekend. Woot woot! haha just thought I'd let you know. Though, I guess I'll have a lot of work to do during Veterans' Day weekend /: But Thanksgiving weekend should be free of most work; I hope so.
Anyway, that's all for now. I'm tired, falling asleep. Should go to bed soon. Hope people vote tomorrow XP Ok, good night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment