Thursday, December 2, 2010

It is now December o_o

This past Thanksgiving weekend was all right. Spent all four days at home. Did not set one foot outside the door. No Shiva to go to ): But she was down in So Cal with friends and family, so that was good.

Mm, Mother, D, and I had big meals over the the four days. Some typical Viet foods on Thanksgiving, boiled crabs on Friday, steak on Saturday, and something-that-I've-since-forgotten on Sunday haha. The crabs were amazingly good, mmmm.... Mine was the largest of the three though @_@ So big. The steak was ok. I had mine rare. So much red left in it haha. A1 sauce isn't that tasty, kinda too sour. Never liked bbq sauces nor steak really. But I ate one whole steak 'cause Mother keeps worrying about my iron level. Mother and D had split the other steak D: I felt weird having such a big piece while they didn't.

Let's see. I spent Friday night/early Saturday morning working on my research paper for 100W. Wanted to get most of it done. Accomplished, yay. Tried to do the same thing for my philosophy research paper, but I majorly lacked motivation the next two days D:

Coming back to school this week was difficult. I was so lazy. Didn't wanna go to any of my classes. But I had to. Presentations and stuff. Shiva sat in on my 100W presentation on Monday >_< I forgot a couple of things, I think. But oh well, two of my classmates asked questions, made me happy to know people were actually paying attention :D My Tuesday "presentation" for PHIL 109 wasn't really a presentation. Just a overview of what my topic was, what research I've done so far, and basically going over the beginnings of the research paper. I'm glad I volunteered to go first XD Because the people presenting on the last day actually have to talk about the finished paper.

Wednesday, I watched presentations in 100W. Wrote evaluations on them. Also asked a question :D Then the class had to do an instructor evaluation.

I've skipped PHIL 57 both days this week :O Just don't feel like going to class :/ But next week, I'll show up to both classes, since they'll be the last days of class anyway.

Anyway, Shiva and I went to QTIP to go to Christmas in the Park. Got to the meeting at 18h30, but didn't really leave until almost 19h00 T-T

At the park, there were two or four people standing to the side with a sign that said "FEAR JESUS" and shouting stuff about Jesus, God, fear, hell, damnation, etc. Same people who stand at the light rail stops. Same people who shout in front of the Event Center. I would listen to them, except they're yelling at people and telling them they're all sinners going to hell. Way to spread the joys of the season -___- Shiva and I jokingly considered kissing in front of them, but you know we might have gotten shot for that XP

Anyway, QTIP group pictures in front of the giant Christmas tree. My awkward lonely poses. Fake snow. Coin-racing booth for charity. $3 churro x_x Attempt to find the QTIP Christmas tree, unaccomplished ):

Brian L was supposed to come join us. He got out of class at 19h15. I had to leave at 20h00. Somehow, the three of us ended up meeting at the light rail stop haha.

Mm, oh, random: when Shiva was about to come back up to SJ, her mom bought a 12-inch pumpkin pie O_O for Shiva and me to share hahaha. SO BIG. I took like a quarter of the pie home on Monday. Just finished it tonight. We've also been slowly eating the pie since Monday. I think we've got a little more than a quarter left.

And ooh, I got a new bed O_O Like an actual bed haha. Not like the air mattress that I've been sleeping on for I-don't-even-remember-how-long. It's a Diamond Mattress--I've never heard of this brand. A full-sized pillow top mattress. So soft, not firm. It's so weird now that I'm going to be sleeping way above the floor in my room XD It also takes up quite a bit of space. Mother will only be able to vacuum a few feet in a straight line, and that's it. My floor's gonna get dusty -_-

I also learned that Brother might not take his dresser with him when he gets out of jail and moves into a new place -_- My bedroom will remain cramped for years to come. Nooo. He better take it with him T-T I want my room to myself. I want space, even though I guess it doesn't really when I'm barely in my room anymore.

Hm, wow, it's already been three months. Two more months, and Brother's out. A whole school semester passing by so quickly. A new year to come in less than a month. Obama's been in office for almost two years now. Shiva's Spring graduation coming after another semester together (three classes together XD). My graduation another semester closer. My "future" is that much closer. My unpreparedness is showing more and more. But I'll prepare myself eventually. I've got the help of a lovely Shiva :3 haha. Yeah, days, weeks, and months are passing quick, but it just means we're getting somewhere.....


Not much else to report haha. After tomorrow, I have a week of classes left and a week of finals. My hopefully hardest final will be on Monday, December 13, at 7h15 @_@ Easy finals on Thursday the 16th at 9h45 and Friday the 17th at 7h15. Hopefully easy take-home final due that Friday at probably noon.

Sad that Shiva's gonna be far away for at least four weeks >: How will I survive? D:

Oh, and this break, I have quite a bit I want to do: write the term paper for SOCI 116; read at least the two books that Shiva let me borrow and maybe Le petit prince; talk to Shiva when I can; watch a bunch of movies from my To Watch list; download a bunch of music (It's been quite a few months since I've downloaded music. It's crazy); catch up on rest; catch up with past friends; maybe do something active (We'll see).


That's all. Good night :P

1 comment:

  1. Xmas in the Park: We also discussed the sound of the protester's voices, and how since the girl was restraining her voice, she sounded like a stereotypical asian martial artist going "wooo waaaaahhh woaaahhhh" before attacking or something.

    ReplyDelete