Thursday, December 30, 2010

Two days till 2011...

So I've only left my house once so far this break XD That was to go to Boiling Crab with Ariane and Maggie on Monday (Kat was supposed to go too, but she was busy). There was a line :O But we were early enough to be seated when the door opened. Lunch at 3, yay. Crawfish and sweet potato fries, tasty :)

Got caught up on some things. Ariane might start focusing more on school and less on dance. Maggie's planning to go to Jamaica with Dan in the summer (Dan's graduation present) :O That's pretty awesome.

It was a good lunch :) Afterward, we went to Maggie's house for a bit. First, we cleaned out the back of Ariane's car XD HELLUH messy hahaha. Threw out most of the papers and stuff. She needs to vacuum her car XP

Anyway, only got to chill at Maggie's for like twenty minutes before Ariane had to leave. So hugged Maggie, waited for some dude to move his truck out of the way, and left for home (Ariane gave me a ride).

We need to hang out more. Ariane (and, I guess, a few other people) wants to meet Shiva sometime :D So maybe, when Shiva gets back, we can all hang out :)


Shiva's back in about eleven days. Then she'll be gone for a few days. Then she'll be back again XD haha.


Hmm, so other than the lunch on Monday, I haven't gone anywhere. I've been home, watching movies, sleeping, eating, and listening to and organizing my music. Yay, I have about 2000 songs left to go through. I've already gone through more than 4500 songs. Then I need to download more. Anyone know a good site to get songs from? Hmm, maybe I'll go buy a CD. I haven't bought a new CD in a loooong time, like three years long haha.

I've been hella lazy. Haven't started that term paper I said I would >_>

New Year's is in TWO DAYS. Feels like 2010 only started a few days ago. In Harrison's house. A year later... well, I don't have any plans for going into the new year.


So I said I would put up resolutions. But I don't really like calling them all resolutions. So how about just a list of resolutions and things I would like to do or get done haha. They would probably be good for my health and/or sanity too. And if I don't get to them in this next year, there are many more years to come :)

But first, I'm gonna go through my 2010 resolutions.

1. Follow: No anger. No complaints.
2. Daily: Get out of bed by 0700.
3. Daily: Meditate for 10 minutes.
4. Daily: Do 20 push-ups, 20 crunches, 20 chin-ups.
5. Do a fitness activity at least twice a week.
6. Daily: Drink 1 bottle of water.
7. Daily: Spend 3 extra hours max on the Internet.
8. Improve Vietnamese and/or French.
9. Choose a major by March 31.
10. Get a job by summertime.
11. Do not doubt myself.
12. Prepare for and go to Anime Expo 2010.
13. Watch the sunrise/sunset with someone.

+Learn how to play piano or guitar.
+Talk to people more. Initiate more conversations.
+Go out with friends weekly.
+Don't drive too fast. Don't rush.
+Be honest. Do not lie.
+Obsess less. Figure out more solutions. Make decisive decisions.
+Eat enough fruits and vegetable every day.
+Avoid 80+ proof liquor.
+Go to SF Pride. Get a small group of friends to go.
+Go to ST's 2010 graduation.
+Read all the novels suggested by friends.
+Finish at least half the list of "Movies To Watch."
+Have a horror/thriller movie marathon.
+Go to a concert.
+Hug more. For real this time.
+Wander through the city (any city).
+Explore San Jose's Japantown.
+Celebrate my birthday.

Red: FAIL/didn't get to do
Orange: Kinda did it (mostly toward the start of the year)
Yellow: Did it most of the time or for most of the year
Green: WIN/Accomplished
"Uncolored": Debatable

The colored ones are self-explanatory. Well, that's if you've read or heard about what I've done this year.

#1 and 11 can't really be gauged. I feel like I managed to do them for most of the year, but I'm biased XP They were just two goals to aim toward. Shiva and I attempted to go watch the sunrise, but we didn't actually see the sunrise but the clouds changing colors. We're kinda on the wrong coast for a good sunrise haha. Then being honest would have been a win, if I hadn't been lying to Mother about my relationship with Shiva >_> For the movies, I've finished more than half my original list, but I also added twice as many movies to the list haha. So I dunno how that counts. I haven't really just wandered through any city. I've walked around here and there in new places in San Jose and in So Cal, but I don't really consider that wandering. Btw, though I did choose a major by March 31, I didn't declare in it XP but it still counts haha.

Overall, though, I feel like I did well enough for my resolutions this year :)


So onto the new year's stuff, which will include stuff from 2010:

Stuff To Do in 2011:

Make Shiva happy.
Talk to family more.
Read good novels.
Go Shiva's college graduation.
Apply for graduation. Make post-grad plans.
Get a job.
Go on a roadtrip.
Go on a hike/picnic.
Go to karaoke and dance (party).
Donate/recycle stuff I don't need.
Get a haircut for the summertime.
Donate my hair if it's long enough.

Btw, I hope my hair's long enough to donate by the time summer comes around XD If not, I'll be sad. Having long hair is difficult. I don't think I take very good care of it. I'm kinda impatient about getting my short hairstyle back.

I don't know what else I hope to do next year. I just want to have good, memorable times with friends and family.

Well, that's all I've got. If there's anything else, I'll let you know.


Anyway, I've had a good year with all its ups and downs. I can't say the same for the people in my life, but I hope all's been well for everyone else.

1 comment:

  1. "2. Daily: Get out of bed by 0700." --Do you remember all those times you slept over at my place. And this break! xP

    "+Wander through the city (any city)." --SF, twice. We also got semi-lost.


    "7. Daily: Spend 3 extra hours max on the Internet." - Debatable. Not like someone kept you up through the wee hours of the morning on the internets.

    And Finally--We've seen the sunset together from the window of my room/living room many times (yes, concentrating on that, not just ourselves xP)

    ReplyDelete