Saturday, January 31, 2009

SCV '09...

It was interesting. Today, I went back to ST at about 10, I think. Actually, I don't remember anymore. Anyway, when I got there, committees had already commenced. So I decided to follow Roy as he made his rounds through the committees.

I was hoping that I could listen to speeches and comments. Instead, almost every time we came into a room, the delegates would be in an informal caucus -_- So much for that.

But I did talk to the chairs. First-timers and old-timers :P They were enjoying themselves for the most part. Banging the gavel is a major perk of being a chair haha. I would totally chair if I could get to bang a gavel :)

I think I spent the rest of the time walking around or sitting in the Delegate Lounge, which was actually just the Math Office, talking to Alex Tran and Sarah Webb.

When committee ended, all ST kids had to help clean up and set up for Closing Ceremony during the 1.5-hour lunch break. I decided to help. I mean, I was technically an uninvited guest, but I gotta do my part from time to time.

After clean-up, all the delegates went into the gym for the awards. I was really looking forward to the rapporteur speeches. I was disappointed. They weren't that great or awe-inspiring. Maaan. Oh well. There's always next year. Antoku and Drennan's rapporteur would have been great if everyone shared Antoku's sense of humor XP

Oh, and there were 8th graders this year :O I didn't know that. I should have taken a program. But yeah, a pair of the rapporteur winners were 2 little 8th graders. When I saw them go up, I thought they were little kids. I thought, "Wow, those are some really short high school kids." Haha.

Anyway, yeah, Closing Ceremony wasn't that great. Delegates this year weren't as enthusiastic as those from years past. Again, there will always be next year.

Oh, and of course, California High School won the most awards. In fact, I think they took all the gavels this year. I mean, I knew they were good, but I didn't know they were that good. Geez. And, you know, there were some people I recognized from my past committees. I thought they were my age or older, but it turns out they're younger than me :O Crazy, just crazy.

Then again, I do look like a 12-year-old -__- Or so I've been told. Many, many times.

Ah, so after the ceremony, the non-ST delegates went home, and the ST delegates gathered in Madame's room for their awards. No gavels this year. We didn't get any gavels last year either. Hmm.

Claudia came, but at the end when I was about to leave :/ I felt bad about that, but I couldn't stay longer. Yeah, the conference ended an hour early. Usually, we would be struggling to end on time, but this year, we were just done waayyy early.

Le gave me a ride home.

And I kinda remember what happened since I came home, but those things really aren't that important.

Ooh, I was talking to an advisor from one of the other schools. She asked me if there was an MUN at SJSU, and I replied with a no. She told me I should start one there. Now, that's got me thinking that I really did enjoy being in IRC and I do miss it. Maybe. If I ever find the courage or just take the initiative to start an MUN at San Jose, that will be a proud day haha. Or maybe I could find someone else to start it haha. Yeah, I am not a leader. Nor would I ever feel like one. And that's ok. It's something to work on.

Ah, ok. Today I say was a pretty good day. I'm sore, which means I walked. A lot. I helped out. I contributed a little. Heard some good stuff from people. Oh, and Madame wasn't stressing out as much as I remember she did in years past.

So it's all good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment