There were two things I wanted to talk about, but I only remember one of them :( Oh well.
Today, I had my Anthropology and EDCO classes. They're ok so far.
The thing I like about this semester is that I know at least one person in 3 of my classes. There's Melissa in English; Jessica (from my acting class first semester), Austin, Michelle Renwick, Lorenzo (from Comm 20), and another guy (from my Eng 1A class), in Anthropology; and Albert and Lisa (as well as Jessica Ingram and Mario, Monica DeLeon's boyfriend), in EDCO. It's just in my Political Science class that I lack any connection.
Anyway, that's not really what I was gonna talk about. I wanted to say today was a good day for me because I ran into so many friends today (ok, more like "more so than often").
After EDCO let out, Albert, Lisa, and I decided to just walk around and check out VSA (all the clubs and frats/sororities are advertising this week). Along the way, we ran into some of their friends. Signed the VSA emailing list. Checked out one of the dance classes in the Spartan Complex. Walked to the food court. Ran into Jenny Lee on the way. Invited her along. Sat outside at a table. Rose passed by, and I invited her to the table. Long conversations with everybody about many different but hilarious things. I saw Teresa (from acting class) pass by, but she couldn't hear me -_- Then I saw Kim Ruiz. Long time, no see haha.
Oh yeah, my mom had called me around 12:45 to go home for my dentist appointment at 3:30. So I left with Rose. But first, she took me to the Art building so she could see her acrylic painting from last semester on the wall haha.
Also, 2 co-ed fraternities invited us to rush. I pass by these guys all the time; they never invite me to pledge or anything. Must have been because Rose was there haha and she was holding onto my arm so I had to be there too :P
The 1st frat that talked to us was Alpha Phi Omega. Focused on community service. That's pretty cool. But their info meetings are at night; not sure my mother would be too pleased with that.
The 2nd frat was Chi Pi Sigma, a criminal justice frat. That's pretty awesome too. After we listened to and left the guy, I heard him say he was done trying to recruit people haha. Not the best attitude to be recruiting anybody XP
Anyway, I kinda like the idea of frats and sororities, but I don't think they're for me. I wouldn't mind trying, I suppose, but I think I have commitment problems haha. I like that these kinds of groups build up a support and social network for their members. I just don't know if I would be able to stick to everything they do.
And if I joined one, I think I have to move into their house, yeah? That wouldn't work out very well because if I move out of the family household now, my mom would have to move as well. Into a small apartment. With the huge load of stuff that we have in our current and cramped living space. So even if I wanted to join a frat or whatever, I couldn't do that to my mom. We need the space.
I need better things to do. I need hobbies. Hopefully, I can stick with at least VSA. Or another club. School and home every day has been a fine routine, but I need some more variety. At least for the semester. Well, because of today, I know that I have at least 3 or 4 friends to chill with after class on Mondays and Wednesdays. Should find people for Tuesdays and Thursdays haha.
Mm, so Rose and I took the light rail home. Talked about her social life. Boyfriend and ex-boyfriends. Drama, drama. Then she asked me how I would feel if my ex did something, and I had to remind her that I don't have any ex's. No experience, remember? Haha.
Anyway, she got off the light rail at Snell, and I started listening to my music. But then a guy (in his late 30's or early 40's) asked me about my headphones and then about school. Talked to him until our stop. He wanted to get headphones for work (he works in a cubicle). He had heard Bose was amazing, so he was asking for my opinion. And yes, Bose is good, reduced noise and all. So the guy's taking 3 or 4 classes. And his English class is kicking his ass haha. He's probably going to drop it. He's gonna go for his teaching credentials. He wants to become one of those multi-subject K-8 teachers. I wished him luck haha.
Conversations with strangers on the light rail (or bus). Not bad. Just be careful. Watch yourself and others. That's all. Other than that, enjoy the conversation.
Hmm, my dentist appointment. It was either my yearly or semi-annually teeth cleaning. Painful. Seriously, very painful. I went deaf at times, had tears in my eyes, and tasted the bitterness of the pain. But I guess it's ok, you know, if my teeth are plaque-free, for now.
And yes, when I feel pain, I associate it with a taste in my mouth. I don't know why. I just taste something when I get hurt. Not a literal taste, but something close, maybe. Like, when I bump the top or back of my head, I taste bitterness. I don't know how to explain it. It's like the pain feels bitter. Now, I'm not even sure if the taste is "in" my mouth anymore haha.
Ok, enough nonsense. I've got homework that's not due, but it's what I should do. I might :P
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment