Friday, January 9, 2009

Should people die?

Morbid, yeah? Yeah.

It's just the whole 2012 Armageddon/Apocalypse/etc and Igor Panarin discussions. My mom's worrying a lot about it. I'd explain, but I'm just gonna say that my mom is very superstitious and paranoid.

About an hour ago, we were driving somewhere and talking about the earthquake that occurred yesterday in Orange County. I told her that a radio host was warning people about a predicted earthquake sometime today or whenever, and our conversation just turned toward Panarin's prediction about the US.

Then she remembered this map we looked at almost 10 years ago, I think. It was a map of the world at a point in the near future. The water had risen and covered much of the lands. California became an island and had been slowly swallowed by the water until there was only a sliver left (San Jose was submerged!). That's all I really remember from that map. Well, I remember some nations just disappeared altogether.

Obviously, that will come after the disintegration of the US. Mm hmm.

Another civil war. Hmm. I wonder how that would go. If it happens, it happens. The only thing that saddens me is that people would get hurt. But hey, if and when, I'm joining the DeFranco nation XD Or I'll just wait till Canada takes over a few states and then emigrate to Canadian territory haha. I always wanted to go to Canada, you know :)

Do I believe the disintegration will actually happen? Do I believe that Americans are that depraved and selfish? Will we allow ourselves to go so low as to attack fellow Americans just because we got it rough? Sometimes, yes; other times, no. Haha I don't know. People are people. Some are nice, and some aren't. All I can say is "people are idiots." I include myself in that, too. I know I'm an idiot sometimes. I'm just glad I can admit it. Ooh, I'm straying haha.

I think that if people are pushed past their limits or burn out their fuses, then yeah people may sink low, lower than the ground. But I also think it's because people set their limits. Why limit yourself, your patience? Things always gotta get worse before they get better. I mean, c'mon, if things were always good, we'd complain about how boring life is without the turbulence.

Anyway, I think I wanted to post an entry about the End of the World, but now I don't know how or where to take it. Hmm.

Is it so bad? To die? I mean, I think people feel like death is a bad thing. I don't think death in itself is bad. Yeah, the separation, the loss, and the emptiness feels terrible. For those still living and attached.

But really, why is death bad? Because it leads to an unknown? Because it's the end? You didn't live your life to the fullest and it feels worthless just before the end?

Why are people afraid to die? Because there's always so much more they can do with their lives. You could say instinct, but c'mon, be a little more open-minded to the possible reasons. There's usually more than one approach. But I don't want to delve into the reasons now. There's no point. I'm saving some pointless things for another time. Maybe.

If people never die, they'll just continue to grow old and weak and sick. That's how it seems to work anyway. Eventually, there's pain in growing old. Sometimes, the pain makes people want to die. Death ends the pain. For the one dying, of course. Death ends dying. So death isn't really all that bad. For the dying. But living is dying. I mean, dying is basically the process of reaching death, isn't it? So, as we live, we die. It's a sad way of looking at it, but isn't it true?

Life and death go hand in hand. You can't have one without the other. And the process of each (living and dying) intertwine so well that we hardly notice. We all assume that living comes first and then dying second, but I don't think so. I mean, we can die at any second, whether naturally or not. It can happen now, tomorrow, or in a few years. Is that why people are always afraid?

Hmm, I don't think I'm afraid to die. I don't want to be. I'm not afraid of the darkness anymore. And I'm assuming the end of life brings darkness to my eyes forever. I'm not afraid, but I am scared that it's gonna hurt. I don't want to feel pain when I die. But if I do, it's fine. Not like I could change it. But I want music. I'm not sure I care what kinda music as long as it can lull me to sleep haha. Music takes the pain away sometimes, so it wouldn't matter if death is painful.

I worry though, that when I die, someone will be hurt, left behind. And that would just make me feel terrible for dying haha.

I don't remember where I was going with this or if I was going anywhere with this entry. Huh.

Well, it's nice to get my thoughts out, however redundant they may seem. I need to put in something a little more upbeat though or at least less saddening haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment