The semester, that is. I find it kinda funny that the semester is called "Spring '09" when the first half of it is still in the winter. Really, only half the semester is actually in the spring, hmm.
Anyway, today was the first day. I had English 1B first and then Political Science 20 (Controversial Legal Issues).
Mary Williams is my English professor. She is quite reminiscent of Mrs. Thomas, my English 1A teacher from my freshman year in high school. Hmm, interesting. I think it's her hair haha. And her warm personality. Man, I need to visit Mrs. Thomas sometime. Anyway, in English, we went over the syllabus, and Prof Williams gave us quick homework assignments. Ooh, and when she did the roll call, she got my name right (at least the first half of my first name) :D I don't know why, but I'm still always impressed when a non-Viet speaker gets even a small part of my name right haha.
Patricia McKenzie, my Poli Sci professor, makes many sports references. I got like one of them. If she keeps using those, I'm not gonna get much into my brain haha. She's a big fan of the blackboard website. So I'm gonna have to start using the website this semester. I haven't logged on yet, but it sounds like a college-version of Schoolloop, only better. It has a livechat, or a "virtual classroom." I'm not actually sure what that is yet, but I'll check it out sometime this weekend.
Hmm, so Melissa Avidano(?) is in my English class. Yay! Finally, someone I (kinda) know from ST. I won't be completely alone in that class. However, I feel very alone in my Poli Sci class. Hmm, we have to pick partners for in-class arguments soon. I think my prof gave us 2 weeks to choose or something. I don't remember -__- I need to work on the memory thing.
I'm not documenting my everyday happenings as much as I used to on LiveJournal. I feel like I should, but that's just the compulsion. Still, it's kinda difficult for me to type up entries like this. And I don't even know what "like this" is. I just really, really miss using LiveJournal, but I was updating about inane things on LJ. I'm kinda doing the same thing here, except I know no one else is reading this. I think. Ok, I guess I don't know.
I want to update about important things. But my mind is way out of whack. I don't know what's important. My sense of priorities, if it ever existed in the first place, has become jumbled. Feels like it was always mixed up. It's like, I think I know what my priorities are, but I just don't have them organized.
And, you see, I don't know why anyone would choose to come to me for advice, especially about their priorities. I don't even know what the hell I'm doing. It's like people coming to me for dating advice or any other kind of advice for that matter. I still have no experience. I don't push myself. I have yet to feel motivated or inspired. My moments of epiphany or revelation are evanescent.
I know, I'm focusing on the negativity. I can't help it. I'm still a hypocrite. I'm thinking happy, but I'm being sad.
Oh, my Poli Sci prof gave us a quote: "Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try." Can you guess who said it? I'm sure you can if you've watched Star Wars. Apparently, everyone, except me, has seen the movies. I'll watch them eventually. Maybe. Anyway, that quote got me. I don't remember how it got me. Obviously, I didn't think it was that important to remember. I just think if this quote were a person, it would be my foil. Then again, I could be misunderstanding the quote. Hmm.
I want to say more, but my mind has gone blank. There's absolutely no topic popping into my brain right now. So I guess I'll end here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment