Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!

So it's 2009 now. What fun. A new year. 23 resolutions to work on or achieve. Well, 21 now. I renewed my library card and just made a new blog, hmm. No more LJ. Now, it's Blogger/Blogspot (that still confuses me).

I was thinking of making my first blog about some random topic, but I think I wanna remember as much as I can about New Year's. It was good and bad. I don't think I'll say too much. I and my details follow each other too closely sometimes.

Anyway, so New Year's Eve, I had dinner with my family and another family. Then I asked my mom if I could go to a New Year's get-together with a few friends. Being the good Asian kid I am, I mentioned the names of the friends that my mom likes: Alex D, Kathleen, Ariane, Randy, and Kiet. They really were going though, so I wasn't lying. And I did tell her that the host of the party was Markus, Ariane's friend, not mine. Partying with Wrawsome or at least half of it.

Surprisingly, my mom was ok with it, even though she repeatedly warned me against drinking again. After Cathy's birthday thing, I agreed I wouldn't drink any hard liquor, at most a shot haha. You know, in Vietnamese, it's really easy to twist words.

Mm, so Alex picked me up after he picked up Kat, Randy, and Kiet. First, we made a quick stop at Alex O's house. Then we were off to Waverly Ave. Damn, there was hella fog that night. Anyway, we kept missing Markus' house. It was funny though.

Ariane introduced us to her crew, but we still kinda kept to ourselves. No mingling. Too awkward. We were the strangers in this house, you know. So after about half an hour, I think, Kiet suggested going to another party where there were some people we actually knew. Ariane got hella sad about that though :/ I started to feel hella bad, especially after we had had the chat about being able to celebrate New Year's with friends for the first time.

So I decided to stay and try to talk to her dance friends. Chill people, very chill. Took our first shots of the night. I got some Black Label. Damn that shit, man. No chasers for me 'cause I'm a beast! Haha.... No buzz. I talked to a few people.

I think I made some new friends though haha.

I remember:
Tim (hella nice guy, encouraging me to drink beer haha)
Natasha (she likes me. She kept repeating that every time she saw me haha)
Leticia (she ain't black XP)
Jeffro (he's not 25)
Jae-Ar (you gotta wrestle the bottle away from this guy)
Melfred (he's afraid of trolls haha)
Markus (his house got some hella nice stuff)
Mark (he stayed sober, but he was cool)
Foxy (Markus' dog :P So cute. I love pomeranians.)

I remember all the people's faces, but I don't remember the names. Hmm. But yeah, hella cool people.

Anyway, I had two beers. Tecate, not my kinda shit. Widmer will always be the love of my life haha. Jk jk. It just tastes way better, but it's more expensive. Wheat beer is my thing though. And throughout the night, people were sharing their rum and coke with me, but I wasn't paying attention to that.

Alex, Randy, Kat, and Kiet, came back around 1:30. Played King's Cup with them. Shit, that game fucked Ariane and me up, like whoa. I don't remember what exactly happened after 2 AM. I remember bits. That was bad. I felt bad for Ariane though. I was supposed to be sober enough to help her. And I had said I wasn't gonna drink more than a shot and a beer. It seems that I can't control myself after the first shot; I just keep drinking D: That's pretty sad, but now I know I shouldn't drink at all. Not even a little. I'll save the beers for dinners XP

Kat, Kiet, Randy, and Alex took care of us till about 7 in the morning when they left for home. Hella stuff happened when we were out though :/ Can't believe we missed so much. Just glad we didn't die haha. Mm, I barely remember some of the stuff I was saying when I was out. I hope I didn't say too much.

When we woke up, I think it was 1 in the afternoon. Markus, Tim, Leticia, Melfred, and Markus' girlfriend (don't remember her name >_<) were still around. We watched "Step Brothers." I didn't have my glasses on though, so I saw blurry images haha. Funny movie though. I ate a slice of pizza. I forced myself to eat it. I mean, it made me sick to swallow food.

My mom called, and I asked her to come pick me up, so that Ariane wouldn't have to drive me home. We started watching "The Descent," but I left after thirty minutes. Mm, I was sure my mom would pick up the scent of alcohol, but she hasn't said anything. I still wasn't feeling too well when I left. We got home after the sun set. I showered and just went straight to bed.

So yesterday, I basically slept through most of the day, which is ok. January 1st, first day of the year, and I sleep through it haha :P It's all good.

Yeah, this entry doesn't have too many details like my usual entries. I remember more, but I don't think I need to put much up to remember what happened.

So from now on, I either stay away from the alc or else I'ma keep drinking more than I can handle haha. Or someone's gotta watch me and make sure I don't drink more than a shot and a beer :P Woo. What fun.


A lot of gratitude for Alex, Randy, Kat, and Kiet. Thank you very much. Ah, I'm still sorry for wasting your New Year's.


Mm, so resolutions. Posting them just in case I lose my hard copy haha.

'09 Resolutions
1. Choose a major.
2. Meditate at least 15 minutes a day.
3. Hug at least 1 person a day.
4. Compliment someone at least once a week.
5. Get a job.
6. Reduce my extra time on the desktop to 15hrs/wk.
7. Renew and use my library card.
8. Go out with friends at least once every month.
9. Limit myself to 4 sodas a month.
10. Start a new blog.
11. Make at least one YouTube video.
12. Try a different hairstyle.
13. Utilize the on-campus fitness facilities.
14. Learn how to play a new instrument.
15. Cosplay for Anime Expo 2009.
16. Remain calm in all situations.
17. Stop lying about stupid things.
18. Reconnect and keep in touch with friends.
19. Learn how to read and write Vietnamese well.
20. Become a morning person.
21. Complain less.
22. Stop bringing myself down with my own words.
23. Smile more.


What a start to the new year. Well, at least I got 2 of my resolutions already haha. Mm, changes, changes. Goals, really. I just wanna do better.

I wonder how I'll keep up with this blog though. Hmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment