Saturday, August 21, 2010

Four days of Shiva....

:)

So I actually did go stay with Shiva and her family down in So Cal for a couple of days. First time I traveled anywhere alone. Greyhound buses. First time my buses have ever been so far behind schedule. Anyway, in So Cal, lots of stuff happened. I'm probably gonna forget some, and Shiva will probably add to or correct what I mention.

Left SJ on Monday night, arrived Tuesday morning. One transfer at LA. Both buses were late -_- First bus, I had to sit next to a little boy, whose head fell onto my shoulder a few times during the night. Couldn't get off the bus at the meal stop because the kid was asleep and I didn't want to wake him up -_- Second bus, went ten feet before the driver told us all (in Spanish) that we needed to switch buses. Then ten minutes on the freeway, he pulled over to the shoulder because the bus was getting too hot. He wanted to figure out how to get cool air into the bus, eventually opening the emergency latches on the top of the buses. Then we were on our way.

Tuesday: Shiva picked me up in Santa Ana at 8h30. Shiva and her mom went to their doctor's appointment. I sat in the lobby reading a tech magazine. Then dropped her mom off at Kohl's. Went to meet her friend Allie (sp?), hung out at Target. Allie stole me from Shiva, leading me throughout the store >_> Interesting person, she was. Bubbly and such. I don't think she likes me much if at all -shrug- but she bought me an Almond Joy, which I realize I never ate <_< glory =" Sanrio.">_> Left the house like two hours later for Shiva's friend's house. Met Rochelle (and later Amber). Cool, interesting people. Cheese pizza and root beer (ew, Shiva, ew. Jk). Rochelle and Shiva tried to force me to get a manicure -_- Five-minute-long struggle. Two against one, so not fair D:

Shiva couldn't decide what to wear XP I chose. Why are you making me make decisions? D:

At 9ish, the four of us left in Rochelle's car for Long Beach. Clubbing at the Dollhouse (Hamburger Mary's). 18+. Ladies' Night (Though, there were still guys there). Hmm. The X's are still faintly there on the back of my hands. 18-20 years old, get X's marked on both hands with a permanent marker. 21+ get wrist bands D: Not fair.

Dancing didn't start for a while. Shiva ran into someone she had classes with in high school. Music was all right. Kinda reminded me of high school dances. Recognized most of the songs, but only liked half the songs. Mood of the music kept changing. The dance floor was much smaller than that of Fuz when it was still in Sunnyvale. However, didn't really bump into any of the other people dancing. There were go-go dancers o__o Did not want to look, but couldn't help it. I found it funny to watch the girls watching the go-go dancers XD Their mouths were open. They looked mesmerized haha.

The funniest part was when Rochelle saw a dollar bill on the floor. Seemed to have fallen from one of the dancers. She picked it up and stuffed it into the dancer's boot. Amber freaked out and told her that she wasn't supposed to stuff it in the boot. "YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO STICK IT IN HER PANTIES!" hahahaha XD

The dancing itself in the club was a bit uhh ehhh >_> <_<>_> Obviously, a lot of freaking. Just extreme stuff, wow o_o Now, I remember why I don't like clubbing much <_<>_> Aaand, sadly, I got really sleepy quickly. The music was putting me to sleep -_- Sad. Shiva kept me awake though haha.

After the dancing, we went to Denny's. This is like a trend for every club-goer, isn't it? Picture-taking-ness. More of that in front of Rochelle's house when Shiva and I were about to head home. Amber spun me 'round @_@ Twice! Dizzy, tired. Almost fell.

Friday: Not the best day :/ But I helped Shiva pack some of her books. She's lending me two Dan Brown books (The Da Vinci Code and Digital Fortress) and gave me a Sudoku book and a Charlie Brown Thanksgiving shirt :D Then we went to hang out with her friend Ashley. Nervous peeing dog. I think it peed on my shoes -_- Off to Juice It Up. Hmm, tasty. I still prefer Jamba Juice XP but Juice It Up was good. Then to a bird shop, Omar's. Played with birds :D So nice. And loud. One of them tried to bite my earring XP Hmm, I probably smelled like bird for a bit. Mm, dog pee and bird, what a great combo of fragrance >_> Went to Ralph's. Shiva freaked out because Keebler's finally imitated Girl Scout's Samoas, calling the cookies Coconut Dreams. Of course, Shiva bought it :P

Driving to places... After eating some wraps and me finishing packing, drove Ashley home. Drove to Shiva's relative's place to pick someone up, who apparently didn't need a ride. Rushed to the bus station in Santa Ana. Greyhound window was closed -_- Shiva called the Greyhound customer service for me to ask about baggage check-in. Then a bus came, but it wasn't mine. Another came, and we thought it was mine. So she left.

I asked the driver if his bus was gonna go to LA. He said the next bus would. The next bus came, I asked, and again the driver said "next one." One more bus, finally, my bus, fifty minutes late. I was starting to think that the other bus drivers had lied to me or misunderstood me and I would be stranded in Santa Ana for the night or at least a few hours. Because the bus was late, I got to the LA station about five minutes before my second bus left (which was twenty minutes late) :O No ID tag for my luggage because the Greyhound window was closed in Santa Ana and I had no time to wait in line at the LA station. Thought the driver wouldn't let me on the bus because of this, but luckily a blank tag was at hand, whew. On the bus, I sat next to a sleeping fellow, who slept with his legs spread -_- Not much space for me. And I think my seat was broken because it did not recline much. So my neck was not happy last night/this morning. But the ride was quick. Got back to SJ at 6h20 (on time).


Excluding bus tickets, I spent less than thirteen dollars in So Cal. In total, I spent about $120 for this whole trip. Why? Because I don't spend money XP haha meals were provided by Shiva's mom. Shiva paid for the smoothie I got from Juice It Up.

Anyway, when I got home from the Greyhound station, I was clearing out my luggage. My hand sanitizer bottle broke D: in the pocket that had my notepad, pencil, and netbook charger. Cleaned that out. Dumped the stuff into a smaller bottle of hand sanitizer after I dumped the stuff from the smaller bottle. The small one was one that Shiva gave me. So fruity. Blueberry blast. So strong @_@ Smells like cough syrup, car freshener, and other weird scents. But now, it's all diluted, yay! Though the cap still holds a lot of that fruity smell @_@


Anyway, going home, I learned that Brother was sentenced to two months in jail. Hmm. It seems he'll be back in jail starting the 27th. 60 days, which is actually 40 days physically in jail. Don't know what we're doing about his residence. Are we paying $1000 for his room, while he doesn't live there? Or are we moving his stuff out and leaving it in our garage again?


Mm, four days until school starts again -_- Summer break was not long enough this time around. In previous years, I would always wish that summer was quicker. But this year, I wish it was longer, slower, more restful.


Mm, so that's all I've got to say, I think.

2 comments:

  1. You couldnt help it? </3

    Oh and Krispy Kreme donuts.
    It was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I meant I couldn't help looking at the girls who were staring at the dancers D: I even clarified it!

    ReplyDelete