Saturday, May 22, 2010

Palo Alto Kendo Tournament....

I got up at 5 to get ready. Campus by 7. Mother drove me there 'cause I missed the light rail. The car ride to campus sucked..

Anyway, this is gonna be a quick entry, sadly, 'cause I need to go to bed.


Three-person teams.
SJSU team got pretty far in its bracket.
Andrew P's team (San Jose) won the Adult Kyu division. If SJSU had kept going, Andrew and Shiva would have faced each other :P I would have laughed. Dunno why though.
Jonathan C is definitely a good competitor.
Andrew was awesome. I didn't know how good he actually was at Kendo. Definitely a lot of skill there. I think he said he was sankyu(?).
Mm, Shiva's camera died early ): during one of her matches. And it was right before Di's match, which was pretty kick-ass.
Shiva took a hard fall during one of her matches D: I could feel the pain from where I was sitting haha XP
I am a rack. I hold everyone's stuff. I guard. Not very well though haha.
Jonathan's mom is nice. "Who is this strange lady taking pictures of us?" "That's my mom."
Mini kendoka key chains or actually phone add-on thingies :D
I took allergy medicine before I left the house. It said non-drowsy. Though, it does have the "may cause drowsiness" warning. I started feeling sleepy thirty minutes into the competition -_- Had some moments where my eyes didn't wanna stay open. I fell asleep a few times. So sad.
Screaming banshees (female kiai)? Not as bad as the first competition though.
Time was weird today. It went really slow, then really fast, then really slow again. "It must be 3 now -check watch- Oh, wow, it's only 11h45." "Ok, now, it's gotta be 1. Holy shit, it's already 4!" Yeah, time was weird.

Just lots of fun, interesting stuff.

Got back to campus by about 17h00. The Sport Club facilities closed at that time. Shiva couldn't get in to put away her bogu. Just barely missed the time. There was a guy who could have let her in but didn't.

Um, I chilled with her for a couple of hours. Got pizzas from Extreme Pizza and AriZona from Walgreens ("baa baaaa." The sliding doors make baa-ing noises). Back to her dorm because Shiva didn't want to eat outside -_- Listened to music from my iPod. Those five or so hours passed by real quick O:

Light rail home. I fell asleep on it, of course. Mother drove me home from the light rail. I didn't wanna listen to anything she said, so I kept listening to my music. She keeps saying the same shit over and over. Yet, nothing's really changed or happened. I'm still doing what I do, and she still does what she does. What is the fucking point of what she does to me? It has had no success, and she can see that.

I need to get out before I do something stupid. I mean, really not good. Mm..

But I'll try not to think about that shit. I'll just think about all the good things from today. Good things. Happy people. Memorable times.

No comments:

Post a Comment