It's apparently a very complicated process.
Short story: My brother's friend gave him an old silver '88 Toyota Cressida. My brother obviously can't drive any time soon with his record. So the logical thing to do is give me the car, so that I can drive without waiting for my mom. We just don't know how all the legal stuff is gonna work yet.
Transferring names, settling insurance stuff, etc etc. Complicated.
4:49 PM Edit: So I went to see the car. Damn, my brother was not kidding when he said the car was hella beat up haha. Dents, shredded backseat, no radio/speakers, no A/C. Needs new tires too. But at least it's still in working condition (it's still got power). I don't really care what it looks like as long as it works and no one's gonna jack it. And I'm hoping no one's gonna jack a 21-year-old car :P We're barely gonna put money into it. Just enough to make it work and be comfortable during the summer and such.
I hope I get this car. The alternative option is we sell it for $500. If I get this car, I would no longer have to rely on my mom for rides. I don't have to wait! haha. Plus, I can go to school later in the day.
The only reason I've been going to school at 9 every day was because it didn't conflict with my mom's stuff.
I've been saying I need a car. Really just for convenience. If I could, I would ride my bike everywhere, but apparently that's not convenient or safe -_- So car it is.
I don't think I was very excited when my brother told me about the car. I was just like whatever, that's cool. But after like half an hour, I started to perk up because my own car would finally mean some independence and freedom. I can drive myself places. I only have to ask my mom if I can go somewhere. I don't really need to ask anyone for a ride anymore, unless I'm carpooling.
Oh, the benefits are great. I just hope I don't get disappointed.
I just really want to get to places on my own. I don't wanna keep relying on my mom driving me everywhere. And I seriously don't care if my car looks ghetto or whatever. It's transportation. Hopefully, cheap enough.
Anyway, yeah, fun stuff. Haha I can get myself to places at any time almost. Still need to ask for permission I guess XP But yeah. I can take my time, instead of worry about how long I have to wait or how long I'm gonna make my mom wait for me.
I hope this all works out. It would make life a little easier. Faster. Less contentious. I wouldn't have to sit through one of my mom's silent treatments or whatever moods. At least not as often as I do now. That is definitely an upside to this car. Please let this car be a good car. Few repairs and all. Even though it's over 20 years old. I just want as little trouble as possible. Cheap as possible haha because I don't work yet. Maybe I'll manage to get a job for the summer XP haha. That would be amazing. More independence. I wouldn't rely on my mom for too much. I could contribute.
Ahh, I'm happy for now. Just the promise of my own ride is a nice and comforting thought. I would still have to drive my brother around, but it's all good. It's because of him and his friend that I might get a car. I don't have to wait.
Can you tell that I'm excited about not waiting too much anymore? haha. I can save time and stuff like that. It's just easier. Or it seems like it. I hope it will be.
And hey, I can repay all the people who has ever given me a ride by offering rides when they need them :D I hate that the only way I can repay is buy them food. My mom never wanted to drive my friends anywhere, and I always felt hella bad for it because my friends always gave me rides. My way of showing gratitude, yeah? haha.
Mm, don't know what else to say. Not much to say, I guess. I hope I won't be disappointed. It happens too often in my opinion haha. My mom or brother promise me something and then take it back. It sucks. I try not to look forward to stuff too much because I don't like what usually happens. I can only hope things will be good. And I know my brother will probably take the car back for himself in one or two years. And that's ok with me. As long as I can drive myself for a while, it's all good. Just don't take the car away from me immediately.
Hmm, we'll see what happens.
No stupid shit, please.
No take-backs, you-don't-deserve-it's, or whatever.
No bullshit.
9:28 PM Edit: I failed to mention that my brother will probably drive the car when my mom's not home -__- So much for it being just my car XP haha whatever. As long as I get first priority, it's all good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment