Sunday, April 26, 2009

Hypocrisy in moderation

Is such a thing possible? Who knows?

Since I got the car, we've had to buy: registration ($128), seat covers(~$50), a steering wheel cover ($8), four used tires ($160), an air filter ($4), and a quart of Pennzoil ($4). So we've spent about $354 so far on the Cressida, just to make it safer and a bit more presentable. Oh yeah, and we have to pay for insurance (~$330/month for the Cressida, but adding it to the policy allows us to pay $100 less in total now).

Lots of numbers, I know. But there's a point: My mother still finds a reason to complain about how much we're spending on the car. Hmm, a couple hundred on an '88 Cressida that we basically got for free versus $2,000-3,000 for a car that's not always guaranteed to be in such a great condition as the Cressida is.

She keeps saying that we're spending too much money on things that we don't need (e.g. seat covers and tires). The seats are shredded, and the tires were nearly bald. Need I say more.

And pointless spending, really? She's spent plenty of money on stuff she saw on the Shopping Network channels! We don't need any of that crap.

She won't even buy me juice anymore. But that's fine. I can live without juice at home. I need to drink more water anyway.

Ahh, but I'll stop complaining haha.

Other than the stuff that we've bought for the car, we haven't really spent money on anything except for gas. And this car originally got about 22 mpg but now only gets about 12 mpg. But that loss is to be expected of almost any car really.

Haha I'm already kinda starting to think of this car as "my baby" XP Still got a lot of power to it, and hopefully it will keep that power for at least the next couple of months or year.

Just need to add in some stuff, and it will be all good haha. Brother is gonna ask his friends for spare decks, check Craigslist for speakers, and go to a junkyard to find whatever parts need to be replaced (center compartment lid, carjack, lug wrench, some air hose thing). We might fix the A/C, depending on if it's damaged or not. I don't really know.

But what I do know now is how to check the radiator and the oils. The car leaks oil, so yeah.

Overall, I like this car. I really do. Not really because of its aesthetics or anything (I couldn't care less). It's just it's here for me, and I can finally really drive myself, as long as I'm allowed to go out.

Hah, I can't get over that. I can drive myself. Though, I guess I shouldn't drive too much, since it doesn't get that much mileage XP but still, you know, the thought of driving myself is nice.


Ok, I'll try not to make the next post about my baby haha. I need to talk about other stuff :P like how I'm gonna be staying up hella late for the next two weeks for school work. My hard work amazes me hahaha. I'm gonna try to get something done this week before the weekend starts. I just need to feel less tired. I might have to break my energy drink deprivation. Or try that 5-Hour Energy shot (The online reviews seem to be concentrated at both ends of the good/bad spectrum though. I'll just try one or two to see if it works well).

Yeah, ok. Sleeeep. Well, it's still early, but I'm exhausted. I've been really exhausted this weekend, more than usual. Like I can barely stay awake when 8 PM comes around. And I haven't done too much, except drive around SJ to buy stuff. That could be why I'm so tired: low energy output.

Just about 2.5 more school weeks, and I'll be done. With good grades hopefully. And possibly a summer job opportunity if I get off my butt and try.

If not, I'll get off my butt and work on increasing my energy output :P

Not much homework done this weekend haha. My fault. I just need to stop reading for recreation and start doing my homework instead haha.

Ahh, too bad I can't go to bed now. I have to pick the brother up at 10. And I don't think I'd be able to get up in an hour.

Hmm, I don't really have anything to do online anymore, except logging on AIM, checking email, and updating this blog. I don't even know how Facebook and Myspace took up so much of my time. I didn't do much, except send messages and post comments. Ah, well, they're out of my life for now. So no more. I don't even stay on the computer much. I turn it on and leave it alone more now. Eventually, I might just turn it on for homework :O Crazy thought.

Haha no, it's not gonna happen. I turn it on "for homework" now, but I end up not doing it and stare at the screen (or listen/dance to music or leave to nap).

Geez, what am I doing??

No comments:

Post a Comment