Thursday, April 30, 2009

My mom lost my favorite cap...

in O Connor Hospital on Tuesday :( But the hospital just called and said they found my hat and I can go pick it up haha.

Anyway, I haven't been feeling well. Tummy ache, headache, dizziness, fever, and stuff. So I stayed home from school yesterday, and I'm staying home today as well. Been staying in bed as much as possible. Missing out on lots of stuff in school. Man, the last time I stayed home from school because I was sick was back in kindergarten when I got the chickenpox haha.

So on Tuesday, I went to the family doctor because I had had a stomachache since Sunday. They were surprised that I kept going to school even though I wasn't feeling well (c'mon, two weeks! I've got a speech, essays, and finals). The doctors were afraid that I might have appendicitis or something, so they sent me to the hospital. Two-hour wait! Ahh..

My mom didn't like that there were so many Mexicans in the hospital because of the whole swine flu thing -__- Man, she needs to chill out. Just because they're Mexican doesn't mean they're automatically infected.

Anyway, the hospital labeled me "male" because the receptionist thought I was a guy. Must be the hair. But that was corrected when I went to get an ultrasound of my appendix.

The doctors tested my blood and urine. All normal. They didn't know what was causing my abdominal pain and sent me home, telling me to buy Tylenol. Told me to come back in a week if I didn't get better or if I got worse. Hmm. And it was so frickin cold in the hospital, but I wasn't allowed to cover up because of the fever.

And right now, I'm sooo damn hungry, but all I'm allowed to eat is a mix of rice and water (the Viet version of gruel XP). I've been craving steak for days, but the doctors are afraid meat would affect my stomachache badly. So I have to wait another day.

Grr. I hope I feel better by like tonight or something, so I can eat better-tasting food. I can't even finish the rice and water because it tastes so gross to me now. If I was sick with the flu, then it would taste great. But I don't have the flu (I don't know what I have), so it tastes disgusting.

Ahh.. I have hella homework to catch up on this weekend. I haven't been able to do any homework because I can't focus on anything but the aches. And gah! On Tuesday, in English, I realized I wrote down the wrong due date for my English essay. Instead of being due on May 12th, it's due on May 5th -__- Next Tuesday. That means I gotta get started and finish this weekend. My Poli Sci speech is on the same day. And my Poli Sci paper is due Thursday (need to do it this weekend too!). Grr, so much stuff, and I don't even know if I'll feel well enough to do it all this weekend. This is why I shouldn't put things off because something might happen at the last minute. But I can't focus when I get started early.

Ahh. Just two more weeks. Two more. Please let me finish and do well. And feel well.

I wish I could eat better food. The rice makes me wanna gag -__-

I've also been drinking Pedialyte. Mother keeps calling it "puddalite," so it sounds more like "Budlite." Oh yeah, they're giving me beer to cure whatever I have.

Mm k, there is more I could say, but I don't feel very well, sitting up for so long -_- So I'm gonna go watch TV in bed haha. Though, basic satellite channels doesn't give me much variety. Oh, the consequences of saving money :P

No comments:

Post a Comment