If I didn't do things to try to impress people, I don't know what I would be doing.
I've been extremely tired lately. I'm too tired to focus on my work. So I wait for the burst of energy that will get me through my work. I want sleep, but I don't give myself much time for it. I feel like if I stay awake, then I'll get my homework done. But that is definitely not the case. I keep putting my work off until the last minute.
I just need a day where my energy level isn't so low, and I can just get all the work I can out of the way. Weekends would seem to be the best times for this, but I'm just as lazy on weekends. Instead, I wait for someone to invite me to something because I want to get out. I should just get out.
Hmm, so money. The dollar. What about it? I think it's stupid. No, I don't. It's just a piece of linen/cotton/whatever paper. How can paper be stupid?
It's people that are stupid when it comes to money. Money does not have any inherent value. We give it value. We do stupid things for the value that (we believe) exists in money. Why? Because we are idiots and we choose to.
What's worse is that we allow the amount of money we have determine what kinda person that we are. Or that we think we are. Money can only tell us so much about a person. "Classless society" is a utopia. We do not live in a utopia.
Ugh, I'm too exhausted. I keep skipping and omitting words. I just wanted to say that though money facilitates trading of services and goods, people have lost sight of the intentions of the monetary system. We've taken convenience for granted and have made a stronger outlet for greed to come through. I mean, it's easier to steal cash and credit than it is to steal a stereo, clothes, and food.
You steal the stereo; you can sell it. You steal the clothes or the food; you can use/eat them. You steal money; you can spend it on anything. At least when you steal food, you know it's because you're starving. When you steal money, it could be you're hungry, but it could also be you're just too damn selfish.
But hey, who am I to judge?
I'm just feeling down. Reading about people's hardships makes me feel even worse. I can't do anything to help them. I can't even help myself. My mind is feeling so grrr..
Hmm, so I have 9 resolutions left to attempt. The rest I have either accomplished or given up on. I did ten. I took out 4 that I thought were too pointless or hopeless.
1. Choose a major.
2. Meditate at least 15 minutes a day.
5. Get a job.
11. Make at least one YouTube video.
14. Learn how to play a new instrument.
16. Remain calm in all situations.
18. Reconnect and keep in touch with friends.
19. Learn how to read and write Vietnamese better.
22. Stop bringing myself down with my own words.
About half of these are pretty hopeless too, but I'll just leave them there for now.
And I've kinda regressed on the 15 hrs/wk thing for the computer. I'll get back on it in a week or so haha. Hopefully, I will >_>
And I want to add "Get a girlfriend" back to the list haha, even though I had reasoned that it was really hopeless. I've just been feeling more and more alone, especially seeing all these new couples spring up (reminds me of the start of soph year right after Kevin and Rose got together). I just wish I had someone here for me. I just want to be there for someone else too. Well, whether I add it to the list or not, I'm already thinking about it haha.
Even if I think about it, it's not gonna happen. I'm just... too nice. Oh well, I never think highly of myself anyway. I don't know how anyone else would either.
Haha I'm so negative today.
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment