Sunday, June 14, 2009

Someone tried to prank call my house this morning...

at 1030 -__- and failed miserably.

I was still sleeping then. My mom picked up the phone, but she couldn't understand what the caller was saying. So she woke me up to talk to the caller.

It turned out to be a girl, sounded like a 13-year-old.

me: *groggy* Hello?
girl: Hello? Hello?
me: Who is this?
girl: *gigglegigglegiggle* *mumblemumblemumble* *laughlaughlaugh*
me: *noticed she's giggling* What? Who are you looking for?
girl: *laughlaugh* *mumblemumble* *laughter in background*
me: What?
girl: *laughlaugh* *mumblemumble* I'm a bad person (girl?). *gigglegiggle*
me: What?

Then I hung up the phone after those 15 seconds. I realized it was a prank call. A really bad one. I couldn't understand anything she was saying. All I could hear was her and her friends laughing. How lame.

First time I've ever received a prank call, and I knew 10 seconds into the call. How not funny.

Before I hung up, I was thinking about how to reply. But my mom was there. I didn't want to piss her off by wasting her time too.


Anyway, wouldn't it be funny if someone tries to prank call you and then you turn around and give them lessons on how to prank call properly? Haha I was gonna do that.

It would have sounded a bit like:


If this is supposed to be a prank call, you need to learn a couple of things:

One, stop laughing.

Two, tell your friends to stop laughing.

Three, speak clearly. It works better if the target can actually understand you.

Four, keep the conversation going for a few minutes. If you can't get past a minute, you pretty much fail.

Five, don't prank call someone who's probably done this more than you have.

Six, if this is your first time, write down what you want to say. Make a goal. Like don't get caught prank calling.

And oh yeah, seven, actually talk about something that makes sense. If it's something stupid like "I'm a bad girl," the target will simply hang up. Like this.

*hang up*


Haha I don't know. I feel gypped. That call was pathetic. Not even remotely funny. And I thought I wasn't supposed to know it was a prank call haha.


I know there are a lot of prank call websites that post good prank calls. There should also be a site about how some clever people have identified and responded to prank calls. I've heard a few stories. Some of them are ok, and others are hilarious. A few are just genius haha. Too bad there's no such site. Only prank call sites.

Oh, did you hear about that kid who prank called a couple of schools? Bomb threats for $5. Or the guy who did the swatting.

Prank calls should be fun and harmless. I have respect for clever prank masters. But when they cross the boundaries into idiocy, threats, and putting people's lives in danger, I have no respect for them. And it's better when the prankster doesn't swear. C'mon, the point of prank calling is to get a funny reaction out of the target. If you need to resort to swearing or threats, you need to go find a new hobby.


Anyway, yeah, that's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment