Yay, SF Pride 2009! My first Pride experience. Penises and breasts. Yeah. Literally hanging out. Naked people are still people. But... well... let's just say those images were abrasive to my eyes.
Fun fun fun. Went with Brian, Trung, and their Breakthrough colleague, Jasmin. Brian drove us to the Millbrae BART station. Twenty-minute train ride. Got off at the Civic Center stop with probably hundreds of other Pride folks.
Got to the Pride parade at about 1300. Spent about an hour watching the end of the parade. Walked in it for a bit at the end.
Went to look for food. Loooong lines. Expensive food.
Met another Breakthrough colleague, Jacob (and later, his friends whose names I do not recall). The four of them got food from an Asian tent, I think. I saved money, didn't buy food, spent a total of $11.75 today :P
Oh, I saw Erica from my first semester acting class. Since the crowd was pushing me forward, we couldn't talk and only managed a handshake before parting haha.
Later, went to the Main Stage to watch BoA. However, her appearance was delayed by almost two hours -__- Fey, Rubber Side Down, Solange, The Cliks. Good stuff, but we were waiting for BoA. When BoA finally came on, I couldn't see her because the tall/Asian people in front of me decided to stand on their tiptoes and stick their cameras in the air to capture her performance -_- And BoA only sang three songs, while everyone else before her sang at least four songs :( And there was a fat guy next to me who kept lifting his arm to shield his eyes from the sun. His armpit, ugh. Right next to my face DX
But during one of BoA's songs, there was a girl in front of me. We were standing back to front because I couldn't move out of that position :P She started dancing. Haha talk about inadvertent freaking -___-
My eyes feel like they've been in a toaster oven. Even though Jasmin allowed the rest of us to use some of her sunscreen, the two hours that we stood in the sun gave me a sunburn on my nose and partially on my cheeks. Mother's not happy about that. But hey, she didn't complain about me coming home at almost 2100. So that's good.
Anyway, after BoA, tried to go find the A&PI area. Found it. Just a bunch of people dancing.
Left Pride to find water and milkshakes. Settled at a little Asian liquor store (ironic because it didn't sell alcohol, so convenience store?). Paid $1.25 for a $1.10 Arizona Iced Tea. Oh, I know, I'm so generous :P
Walked around the block. Back to Pride, ghetto side haha. Wanted to find where The Cliks were selling their CD, but we were too late. Saw a bit of Atomic Blonde's performance ^_^ Then danced a little because we didn't know where we were going and ended up in a dancing quarter. Then tried to find someone selling belts (I forgot to wear a belt because I generally don't wear belts anymore). Couldn't.
Then this was when we decided to go home. Jacob took a different BART train home. The rest of us went back to Millbrae. Not much talking. Too exhausted. I listened to my iPod, no headphones, earphones instead. Lip synching along because I felt like it.
SF Pride made me realize I have a small list of things I need to buy the next time I go to the mall or something (just because I want to):
cap (solid black or gray)
sunglasses (cheap but protects against UV)
belt (I have two belts already, but maybe I'll get a rainbow one :D haha. I need more rainbow in my accessories just for fun. I didn't wear my armband today though)
chapstick haha
I think I might go to Pride again next year if people want to go. Seriously was the first time I've ever seen a bunch of queer people in one place. Hope next year I'll have someone special to go with :P Today, lots of couples, made me feel lonely XP I need to stop feeling lonely, you know. And jealous haha.
And no, I have no souvenirs. Didn't buy anything except for a drink. Couldn't find a belt. Didn't really wanna spend money. Trying to save as much as possible. Yeah.
Anyway, need to friend Trung on Fb to get photos haha. He'll be my first Fb friend. Yeah, I don't remember if I said it before, but I have a new Fb. Haven't been using it. More like an emergency contact thing. Not gonna friend people this time unless I have to. And I'll only accept requests from people who actually talk to me, not just someone who recognizes me or whatever.
Not too much detail because I'm tired, my legs are sore from standing and walking for seven hours.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment