Thursday, June 18, 2009

County Jail: Maximum Security

Oh yeah, I'm so dangerous.


Mother and I visited Tony today. Appointment at 1400. Had to arrive at least thirty minutes early. Hella crowded. Lots of little kids.

Anyway, we got to talk to Tony at 1350. Through the glass and the phone. Last time he was in jail, Mother talked to him at a table, no window or phone. I found out that the reason for this was last time he was in minimum security. Now, he's in maximum security.

Max security is different in that about sixty inmates share one big bathroom and they only get one hour of outside time. And they wear green. Minimum security inmates wear the horizontal stripes and are allowed to go outside of their bunks.

Anyway, visits are only thirty minutes long, but Mother and I somehow got fifty minutes. Mother spoke to him for forty minutes. She finally relinquished the phone to me after half an hour. During that half hour, I just sat there, stared at the wall, and played with my hands.

When I talked to Tony, he told me the real reason he was in max security. Originally in minimum security, he got into a fight with another inmate. He made sure to point out (in a whisper) that the other guy was Mexican. I don't know why, but ok. And he whispered this part because there was one other inmate, a Mexican, in the "visiting room."

Anyway, Tony proceeded to ask about me and my days. I told him about the three days from last week. He asked why I didn't go out more. I reminded him that I live with Mother. No more was said about that.

Mm, now I have to wait for an envelope that he's gonna send to me soon. Within that envelope, there will be at least three letters. One addressed to me, the second addressed to D, and the last addressed to his friend Linh (the Tangerine salon guy near SJSU). Yeaah.

But perfect timing. When I go to deliver Linh's letter next week, I can go to the MLK Library since I just finished my last borrowed book last night at 0048 haha. Then I can go scope out Beat the Bookstore and Robert's Bookstore. I really need to sell my textbooks. I don't know if I'll know any ST kids going to SJSU next semester.

Haha I keep typing Linh's name as "Link." I've played too much Legend of Zelda in my younger days.

Aaanyway, back to jail... Hmm, what was it that I wanted to say?

Oh yeah, generally, I think parents are willing to declare to the world that they have an unconditional love for their children. Am I wrong to think that? I mean, the parent having unconditional love for the offspring. Something like that.

Well, Mother spent half, maybe all, of her speaking time laying down the facts for Tony. Or maybe giving him an ultimatum, I'm not really sure. Basically, she spent her time making it clear that her love for her son is conditional.

Of course, I'm not gonna tell my mom what to do. But I don't know what to think of that. Even though he's smoked, done drugs, received two DUIs, and done a bunch of other stuff, he does try. He shows regret (however, I sometimes wonder if he truly regrets doing shit or just that he gets caught so often). Anyway, if he doesn't clean up his act, Mother will officially disown him (haha "officially"). She's stuck with him thusfar, but now she's saying no more.

I don't know if I believe her. She said that before, but she still took care of him, took him back into her heart. We'll see what happens. Hopefully, she won't disown him. Maybe she won't. He said he's not allowed to smoke or anything now (you're allowed to smoke in minimum security). And he said he'll stop smoking and doing drugs when he gets out of jail. The drugs part, he told only me. He thinks that Mother thinks that he only sold drugs, but I know she already suspects him of using.


Ah ok, now I've lost steam for updating. I've forgotten the rest of what I was going to say as well.


Oh wait, I get to enroll in my classes next Tuesday at 0940! Yay. I checked the classes I wanted this morning. My 3-unit classes are still pretty open. Hopefully will still be that way when I enroll. However, my 1-unit, PE classes have almost been knocked out completely -__- Beginning Jogging only had seven spots left when I check at 1100 today. Most of everything else is all full and in waitlist mode.

The only classes that I'm pretty sure I could get into now are Beginning Rugby, Beginning Handball, Tai Chi, Beginning Karate, Beginning Social Dance, and Step Training -__- At the least they have ten spots open in each.

The next five days are going to make me nuts T-T I spent half this morning swearing because most of the PE classes I considered were already waitlisting at least twelve people. I might end up waitlisting. But I'm cool with Rugby, Handball, Tai Chi, and Karate. Only real problem I have with some of the classes is the time. Late afternoon. Ugh. What would I do for seven hours? Go home and come back? Maybe.

Mm, I'm not very fond of trying Social Dance, but I have watched Lisa's class last semester. It was interesting, I guess. But I'm not coordinated and I don't really want to dance with a guy haha. Mm.

Step Training sounds interesting, but according to RateMyProfessor.com, the prof for that course is terrible. Everyone who rated her said the same thing. And that's pretty sad. Especially after the first twenty ratings.


Ok, today is kinda depressing -_- jail and school stuff haha. Well, hopefully, I'll be able to sell my textbooks. Need some money back. Need to sell before SJSU stops using the editions I have. Unless you know some people who are going to SJSU next school year and are cool with buying used from me.

Mm. I should go contemplate my textbook situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment