Thursday, June 25, 2009

OMG MJ kicked the bucket!

No, not Michael Jordan. The MJ: Michael Jackson. Heart attack.

Yeah. Everyone's talking about it. Now, I've talked about it. Yay, I've conformed.


So went to visit Tony today. Got to Elmwood at about 1300. Tony was moved from maximum to minimum. Thus, our visit was cancelled. Had to wait in a long line to reschedule. Some guy cut in front of us. Or the people in front of us let him. We were second to go to the window before the guy cut in line. He had been at the window ten minutes earlier. He wanted to fix a mistake in his appointment papers.

Mother was not happy. She tried to tell him and the people in front of us off. They just smiled, laughed (at her), and said, "One minute. It will take just one minute."

Mother proceeded to stereotype the people in front of us in Vietnamese (I stereotyped them in my mind). I tried to calm her down. No point in saying shit since that won't do anything productive.

Mother: Mexicans. They're all the same. They only help each other and screw everyone else who isn't Mexican. I used to tell them off when I was in college because they kept trying to con me. They're always the same, even now. They have no respect for anyone. They just do what they want. You know, they used to bully Vietnamese people. They still do. They're no good. yada yada yada.

Me: Mom, forget it. It's just one person.

I didn't want her to make a scene. The people behind us weren't happy either, but they didn't say anything. Besides, Mother was stereotyping the Mexicans' respect. I stereotyped their gang relations. At the least, I didn't want to go out to our car to find that it had been keyed. Some people are just that vindictive and bitchy when someone bitches them out.

Anyway, I'm sure the people in front of us were laughing at us 'cause we couldn't do anything. They kept looking back, pointing, laughing, and speaking in Spanish. Though I can't understand what they were saying, I could understand their tone and facial expressions. Not always that difficult to read the face of an insulting person.

Anyway, we rescheduled for tomorrow at 1400. Mother said this will probably be the last time we visit him because she doesn't want to deal with people at Elmwood.

Egh, Mother spent the rest of the time and the ride home bitching about Mexicans. And me. She bitched at me because I had tried (and failed) to calm her down. Ugh. I hate confrontations. What the fuck else am I going to do? Start shit?

She always does this. She's mad at one person, and she takes it out on everyone else. That's what she does with stereotyping, and that's what she does with me. Fucking sucks.

Mother. Brother. Only two people I have ever truly been angry with. I'm not even angry at the guy who cut in the line. Well, I was a little mad. Not because he did it, but because he made my mom angry. More trouble for me than for anyone else -_-

But that's all I'm saying about that.


Hmm, so today, I was supposed to go to Eastridge with Claudia. I got to the parking lot at 1600. Called and texted her to find out where she was. I waited in my car because I don't like being in the mall alone, waiting. I'd rather wait alone in my car in the heat.

Close to 1620, I decided to go in to Eastridge and look for her just in case her phone died or something. When I was inside, she finally texted back. She thought we were hanging out tomorrow -__- And she was grounded just before 1600. So the movies were a bust. Oh well, we'll try again next week.

So that was about 1645. I spent the next half hour or so just texting a few people to chill. I couldn't remember who had texting haha. So I chose a few people to text: Ariane, Le, Robert, Monterey. Ariane had to study for her English final. Le didn't reply. Robert had just gotten home from kickboxing. Monterey was home, yay!

But she moved! :O It took a while for me to find her apartment. Lives with her dad now. Cool.

Stayed there for about an hour. Talked. Not a whole lot of conversation haha.

Monterey kept getting texts about MJ's death though :P haha I found out through a text from Maggie around 1500. Anyway, Monterey doesn't care. Neither do I. Yay. Life and death. Nothing surprising.

Though, when I told my mom, she just said, "Good. He died at a good time. If he had survived, he would have a big medical bill that he couldn't afford." Mother, oh, always thinking of the practicality haha.

Anyway, I saw David (Monterey's dad) when he came home. Wow, changed. No more clean-cut. Peppered pony-tail. Smells like pot or something haha :P We talked a little bit. Then I left when they left at 1900.

I could have tried to call someone else to hang out. I was allowed to be out till about 2100. But oh well, I went home.

Told Mother that the movies were sold out, so my friend went home, and I decided to go see Monterey. She was ok with that. Partly because I was home early. And it's Monterey, my childhood friend from when I was in sixth grade haha.

Aside from Le and Kat, Monterey is probably the only other name I may mention so that I may go out. I haven't tested that hypothesis, but I'm pretty sure of it.


Oh, so I knew I've been forgetting to mention something in my blog for the past week or so. Mother wants to move again.

Her reasons... superstition and paranoia. Nothing new. So she's looking for a new place. We'll probably move back into an apartment. Not too many two-bedroom houses around, you know. Like the one we're living in. Very rare.

So if you hear of any two-bedroom places for rent (and accepts Housing), let me know. We're hoping to move north of our current position. Almost all the houses we've lived in have been in SSSJ. We move any further south, we'll probably end up in Morgan Hill or Gilroy.

As long as we're close to a light rail stop, it's all good.


Hmm, I think that's all I wanted to say. I'm not sure. Mm...

No comments:

Post a Comment