But it was an interesting day to me.
Hmm, so this morning, I got out of bed early (0700) for the first time in weeks. I usually wake up at 0700 but get up after 1000.
The only reason I got up early was because Mother wanted me to move my car across the street so that the sanitation workers could get to the trash and branches easily. I could have moved the car last night, but Mother wouldn't let me -_-
Anyway, after moving the car, I continued reading one of the six Dean Koontz novels I have. The Darkest Evening of the Year. Good stuff.
Then Mother asked me to go turn in a check for Tony's debt to the county :P So I drove, arrived, paid, and went back the way I came. Bad idea, though I didn't have any choice but to go that way, I don't know any other way. I'm not familiar with the Milpitas area.
So I was on Montague. Pretty close to the 101 entrance. However, I ended up stuck for about half an hour, waiting for a train to get out of the way. It moved east for a while and then just stopped. People behind me just made U-turns and found some other way around. I couldn't really do that because the center divide started next to my car -_- Besides, I didn't know my way around.
I shifted the Avalon into Park and waited. Sang along to the radio. Read a little bit. At some point, the car in front of me reversed into the next lane and made a U-turn. I moved up and continued to wait. An older man in a Prius got out of his car and asked me if I knew a way that would avoid the long freight. At this point, I was reading a map, trying to guess where the train wouldn't reach.
Then the train started moving west. I put the map away and waited. Finally, after maybe ten minutes, I could go forward. Yay. Home.
I finished the novel I was reading. Then I didn't know what to do. I spent fifteen minutes pacing around my house, trying to think of something to do. Nothing came to mind -_- I didn't want to go on the computer haha.
Then I remembered I needed to reorganize my dresser a bit. So I sat down on floor of my bedroom and went through the two bottom drawers of my dresser. Lots of papers and toys :P Mostly old homework and notes from high school. Ooh, I found my missing hacky sack and $50 savings bond haha. I'll probably lose them again.
I went through most of my old schoolwork. Nostalgia haha. I seriously have a difficult time throwing things away, even old homework and notes, as unusual as that may be.
I even kept my 49/100 essay from Mohr's class XP Man, I remember that grade totally broke me down (psychologically, not emotionally). I didn't cry about it. I just stared at it in disbelief and felt like a total failure. It was toward the end of the school year too, so that meant I had gotten worse with my writing. Though, I miraculously scored a 5 on the AP exam a month later haha. Anyway, I think I'm keeping that 49 essay because I want to remind myself that I shouldn't aim for perfect (I'd be too easily disappointed haha). I will always remember Mohr's English 3AP as the class that destroyed my 4.0 streak, ruined my chances of becoming valedictorian, and showed me that I don't need to aim so high. Although I didn't really like Mohr's class, I'm secretly glad I took it. I'm not sure if I can explain why or how, but it helped me. Especially the first-B-on-a-report-card part haha.
Anyway, yeah, I went through all the old stuff. And I actually threw half the papers away :( It made me sad, but I don't need them. I don't need any of it, but I can't throw them all away. Baby steps, baby steps.
I don't know what other people do with their homeworks and stuff. But this is what I do. I keep everything until the end of the semester or school year. Then a week after the semester or year ends, I throw away stuff I don't care about (usually not much).
When I checked today, I had two big piles and three small, scattered piles of papers in my drawers. After spending two or four hours sorting (I don't pay attention to time all the time), I now have one relatively small pile and two full folders on top of that in my bottom drawer :) I'm so proud of myself. Though, when I went to throw the large pile of papers into the recycling bin, I felt a little sad. Haha I'm so pathetic.
Well, I'm happy to say that two of my drawers are now organized. I'll organize my top drawer some other time. A few random things in that one. I have some of those cereal prizes in there haha. Anyone want a Mater or Lightning McQueen plush? Or a mini Guitar Hero toy? haha :P Oh, my rainbow armband is in there too :D I thought I misplaced it. Mm, ok, I'm gonna stop with the inventory :P
Fourth of July on Saturday. I wonder if Alex D is in LA right now. Expo and all XP Ah, maybe I should call him and ask him to get me a souvenir heh. Anyway, I wonder what people are gonna do for Independence Day. I think I might just be staying home or chilling at lil Nancy's place. We'll see.
Mm, oh, so I was thinking about the things I need to buy. I think I should put off buying sunglasses, since I need my glasses to see haha. So just need to buy a nice cap. And I want a new belt.
Hmm, I should take out some stuff from my closet and dresser tomorrow to donate to Goodwill. Give away those company caps (Sprint, Omega) that my mom thinks I should wear. I'll give them away to warrant the purchase of a nicer cap :D Without a company name. I do not like to advertise companies of which I do not utilize the services. Besides, company caps are lame XP Unless the company specifically makes apparel and such.
Eek. I don't know why, but every night for the past week or so, there has been a loud but dull BOOM (or thud) somewhere outside my house. It's really difficult to determine how close it is. Sometimes, I think it's right outside the wall of my house. Other times, it sounds like it's two houses down.
Maybe Mother's paranoia has suddenly materialized into frightening noises in the middle of the night. Or people are just really excited about the Fourth of July. Premature excitement, you think?
Mmm, you think I should express myself more in my entries? Or is this good? I mean, obviously, I'm not gonna tell you everything that goes on in my head. One, that's too much info. Two, I don't think that's possible. Three, I'm still useless with words.
Ugh, I want to go out. My sunburn didn't really last long. Yay. I'm getting too tired of doing the same thing every day. Ooh, but I'm getting a little better with my chin-ups :D Not all the way up, but better than before haha. I'll be doing full chin-ups in no time. Or at least until Tony takes back his Iron Gym stuff XP
Eh, I think I'm either gonna go sleep or read. Fun stuff. Fun days should be coming soon. Maybe a movie or a walk in the park, if only people would reply to their texts on time.
Thursday, July 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
OOOOHH those toys sound like something my baby brother would like if you dont want them, especially the lightning Mcqueen plush. :D
ReplyDeleteWe should hang out tomorrow.