Saturday, February 20, 2010

sjDANCEco 6th Annual Choreoproject

So Shiva invited me to go to this show. I went.

Bike, light rail. Got to campus around 17h00, but tickets weren't being sold until 18h30. Websites lie... I forgot to bring my bike lock -_- so I had to bring my bike up to Shiva's living room.

Chilled there. While she was playing Ace Attorney, we had a Nerf dart war O_O I think I lost <_< Nahhh, she broke our truce. How evil.

As we were walking to the performance at 18h30, two of her friends came along. Hannah(?) and a tall guy whose name I do not remember. Some talking, then more walking.

The show started after 19h00. Twelve performances. All interpretive dancing >_> Who knew? I didn't.

It wasn't too bad. I didn't understand much of it, but eh -shrug- I'm into movement and music, so it was all good.

I kinda liked all of the performances except for the first one called "Catulli Carmina." As much as I enjoy Carl Orff's music ("Carmina Burana" is just amazing), the dance piece was just O_o off. I don't know any other way to put it. The dancers were not synchronized. Maybe they don't have to be, but I enjoy synchronicity or at least controlled/planned discord.

My favorites:
"Thread Undone" - Clunky is how I would describe it, but it made me smile until it didn't. The ending actually made me a lil sad.
"The Distance Between" - Not sure I understood this, but the movements melded with the music very well.
"Happy Anniversary" - The simplest one to understand. Also very endearing.

Dominic Duong was in the last two^. MA movements, how awesome. He looked familiar. Then I read his lil bio section and found out that he has performed on Paris By Night (Mother recognized his name too) :D Awesome in my book.

What else to say? "The Source" made me think of night club music. It also kinda said "girl power," or maybe that's just me. But it was good. All the girls were in sync haha. There were parts where I was reminded of ST's cheerleader/dance teams, but this was way better :P

"Hearing the Silence" made me think of a horror movie. It was quite haunting. Or it could have just been the music. Though, the stealing of voices and senses was quite nightmarish in itself. Dreams, hmm...

Speaking of music, I really liked a few of the song selections and tracks :D Pretty awesome stuff. And the cool part is the program lists the song titles and music artists. I shall download tomorrow.


Ahaha, I realize my descriptive skills are just so amazing^. Just something you gotta see for yourself. Or not. Interpretive dance isn't everyone's cup o' tea, yeah?


Hm, so Shiva gave me the headlight. It works swimmingly XP I mean, I don't see any better than before, but now drivers can see me :D I can ride on the right side of the street now, yay! Though, there were barely any cars on the street as I was riding home.

And it was sprinkling :O Mother was not happy about me "riding in the rain." >_> What rain? I also came home to find out that the lock to the garage door has been changed and the front door locked. Luckily, Mother was home.


Ah, so much for starting my Linguistics essay today XP I'll start it tomorrow. For sure, I have to. At least I got all my other homework done today. Just got this essay, the Sociology essay to start.


Battlefest Live 360 next Saturday :D I'm so totally going. Gotta go support Ariane and Kathy. Must find a ride though. Who's going and can give me a ride? :D I think I'll call Andrew to see if he's going. Or I'll call Ariane. I'll figure it out. Worst comes to worst, I'll take the light rail. Just going home on the light rail late, alone, kinda sucks. If only I lived (closer to) downtown or if only I could sleep over at someone's place (close to) downtown. Oh well.

But yeah, if you're gonna be in town on Saturday and you wanna go, gimme a call so we can go together :D

No comments:

Post a Comment