They're not big things to you, but they're important enough to me :) haha.
This year has been moving along pretty quickly. I must be enjoying myself a lot more than I thought I would. I've made many more friends this semester (Fall '09) than I did the first two semesters of college combined. I've gone out more often this year (at least once a month). Gradually, I'll be out chillaxing with people weekly.
I know the year's not over yet, but I'm already thinking about the resolutions I had set for myself this year. Did I accomplish many? Let's see:
Accomplished/Nearly Accomplished/Accomplishing
Discarded/Hopeless/Pointless
Failed/Failing
Unsure/Too ambiguous to determine
1. Choose a major.
2. Meditate at least 15 minutes a day.
3. Hug at least 1 person a day.
4. Compliment someone at least once a week.
5. Get a job.
6. Reduce my extra time on the desktop to 15hrs/wk.
7. Renew and use my library card.
8. Go out with friends at least once every month.
9. Limit myself to 4 sodas a month.
10. Start a new blog.
11. Make at least one YouTube video.
12. Try a different hairstyle.
13. Utilize the on-campus fitness facilities.
14. Learn how to play a new instrument.
15. Cosplay for Anime Expo 2009.
16. Remain calm in all situations.
17. Stop lying about stupid things.
18. Reconnect and keep in touch with friends.
19. Learn how to read and write Vietnamese well.
20. Become a morning person.
21. Complain less.
22. Stop bringing myself down with my own words.
23. Smile more.
Of course, I still have two months to accomplished the "failing" resolutions, but, really, am I going to? I've lost my momentum/will.
#22 is debatable haha. But I feel like I've been a lot more positive about myself this year. Still feeling down about some things, but they haven't stopped me from doing whatever it is I do. #21 is debatable as well, but this year has been full of family drama. So I couldn't help but complain when I did. But again, I think I complained less often this year :P
#17, I couldn't decide which things were stupid to lie about. Should have just made it "Don't lie about anything," but I'm too flawed to tell the truth all the time. Maybe next year, I'll do better with that resolution, since I won't have to lie about drinking :P Seriously, I think that's all I really lied to her about this year. Well, other than about hanging out with a bunch of gay friends XP But hanging out with friends is not a stupid thing to lie about, especially if we don't do anything stupid haha.
Anyway, #1, 2, 5, 11, 13, 14, and 19 are still achievable by the end of the year. That's positive thinking. Let's see if I can add any accomplishments in the next two months :D haha.
So for next year, I will try to make my list shorter. So it will be more probable that I complete the list. If I don't get any of the "failing" resolutions this year, I might add them to next year's list :P
What else should I add to my 2010 resolutions?
-Cosplay for AX 2010? I plan to go next year. Hopefully, I can. Cosplay: Code Geass, since that's what Alex D and Jeisun wanna do. That's why I started watching the anime a few days ago. Forty-something more episodes to go. If I don't manage to cosplay, I'll wear the Mokona hat again and carry around a Free Hugs sign/wear my Free Hugs shirt. I'm pretty sure Mokona loves hugs, yeah?
-Fall in love? Hahaha because people keep asking me if I've dated yet -__- They think that, because they haven't seen me in months, I've finally grown up and got serious with someone. Ahaha, on one level, that's kinda insulting. On others, I wish I could say yes.
-Don't drink alcohol? That's not too hard. I don't even need to make that a resolution, do I? Maybe I should, just in case >_>
-Join an activity? I need to get active. I know I do. I'm home too much, sitting around, playing on the computer, or reading. I want to find a hobby. It would be nice. Good way to socialize, yeah?
-Daydream less? I feel like these past couple of years, all I do is daydream, wishing I was better/smarter/stronger than I really am. I need to face reality. My idealism gets in the way XP
I'll think of more possible resolutions later. Now, Amy G is gonna pick me up, and we're gonna go eat In N Out with Stephanie H. Mini-birthday celebration haha. Why fast food? Because I'm cheap and I don't like eating in restaurants haha.
Anyway, lots of homework this weekend. Fun stuff. Will probably be home all weekend. Don't know what else to do. Hmm.
Thursday, November 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment